Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dicks is running a special this week, if you buy a Wright & McGill Blair Wiggins Surf Spinning Rod which comes in 9' or 11', you get a free Wright & McGill Sabalos Spinning Reels. The reel is the $99 version, spool said you can fit 200 yds of 20lb test, so I'm assuming its the
Interchangeable: 6000
  • Model: WMESAB6000
  • Size: 6000
  • Gear Ratio: 4.8:1
  • Line Capacity (yd/lb): 290/12, 245/14, 200/20
  • Inches per Turn: 27.72
  • Ball Bearings: 7+1

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
..$139 for a decent rod and reel?

(where's the deal flyer?email?)

If they have it on the shelf, grab it and feel it. It's a good deal in my opinion. It's not a VanStal or a Lamiglas or St. Croix but they are decent.

Reactions: Billy Longbow

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
..PS get the 11' btw

Reactions: Billy Longbow

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
..go for it

·
Triple Distilled Unfiltered Truth
3,299 Posts
It's a brand of fishing equipment.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
whats this mean?
They make an interesting open face reel. I wanted to buy one a few years back but didn't like the limited rod selection at the time. I have never tried one, but the reviews are excellent.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I wouldn't get it. I would get a shimano spinner and a good glass rod. Shimano spinning reels are hard to beat in quality and will last a long, long time providing great service. Cost more going in but worth it in the long run. Penn also makes great spinners now. I have a couple of their Liveliners and they are really nice. Just my thoughts since you asked.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For the price and that it's right there, I'd get it. It can always be used for a friend or backup next year. Just IMO. Get the 11'.

Reactions: The Architect

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Fishing lures or bait ?
Ocean surf or just on the sound ?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
For the price and that it's right there, I'd get it. It can always be used for a friend or backup next year. Just IMO. Get the 11'.
Exactly. You can keep it as a backup/friend pole if you dont like it. Plus its two pieces, you can keep it in your trunk at all times.

Add some weight and 'gulp' bait and you can fish at any time!

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fishing lures or bait ?
Ocean surf or just on the sound ?
I have an old 9' fiberglass rod with a penn 704z on it, but its a bit light, so I was thinking of getting the 11', and then swapping the reels, so I would have one for plugs/lures and one for bait.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
I have an old 9' fiberglass rod with a penn 704z on it, but its a bit light, so I was thinking of getting the 11', and then swapping the reels, so I would have one for plugs/lures and one for bait.
..love the 704z

Side note, Penn is bringing the 704/706z (USA) series back on the shelves in Oct 2013..

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
..love the 704z

Side note, Penn is bringing the 704/706z (USA) series back on the shelves in Oct 2013..
I feel like the 704 could handle well being on an 11', and the free reel with this deal seemed a bit light, so I figured i could turn 1 decent set up into 2 fairly decent setups for just a little bit of money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts