Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a nice vacation planned. Getting a head start on things, I began packing and my bride threw a flag. She says no way do I bring this t-shirt on the trip with me. Hmmmm
Do I keep her or do I bring the shirt?

Font Rectangle Pattern Sleeve Symmetry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I usually find it better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission......shoulda' hid the shirt until you got to your destination!

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,976 Posts
Have the same one

Reactions: Huntington Guy

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
But seriously. I've learned that most women think guys wearing message shirts, guns or not, are infantile. Save it for the range, a good woman is hard to find.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
But seriously. I've learned that most women think guys wearing message shirts, guns or not, are infantile. Save it for the range, a good woman is hard to find.
First he did not say anything about his wife being good or not. That's a conclusion based on no evidence.
He said the vacation was nice. So perhaps she doesn't want too many T shirts? It's possible.

But my question is regarding to your statement that
"Most women think guys wearing message shirts, guns or not, are infantile."
That seems harsh and I never heard that before.
Sure they don't like certain ones like " I'm with stupid" or "Free Mustache Rides"
Could you be transferring your experience with your wife or girlfriend to the gender as a whole?
Or should I get rid of all my Obama sucks t shirts now that I'm in the dating game again?

What do they think about women that wear charm bracelets? Is that also infantile?

ETA. i will never get rid of my F_ AC shirt, NEVER!!!!

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
First he did not say anything about his wife being good or not. That's a conclusion based on no evidence.
He said the vacation was nice. So perhaps she doesn't want too many T shirts? It's possible.

But my question is regarding to your statement that
"Most women think guys wearing message shirts, guns or not, are infantile."
That seems harsh and I never heard that before.
Sure they don't like certain ones like " I'm with stupid" or "Free Mustache Rides"
Could you be transferring your experience with your wife or girlfriend to the gender as a whole?
Or should I get rid of all my Obama sucks t shirts now that I'm in the dating game again?

I knew I was opening up something. I'm an old dude whose 3 brothers are all full carry everywhere types. All married. I'm married. I've been through the OP's argument at least a dozen times, and my kin have too. Its not a strong sample, I know, but my experience is that when men reach a certain age, and the once ripped body has receded to the ravages of time, message shirts bother women. A lot. And in the end, they got what we want. Just trying to contribute lessons learned the hard way to keep the whippersnappers from stepping on life's little landmines.

What do they think about women that wear charm bracelets? Is that also infantile?
Yes. Yes it is.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
I hear rumblings when I wear my "ILL GIVE UP MY GUNS WHEN THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS " T shirt,

Reactions: Huntington Guy

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I knew I was opening up something. I'm an old dude whose 3 brothers are all full carry everywhere types. All married. I'm married. I've been through the OP's argument at least a dozen times, and my kin have too. Its not a strong sample, I know, but my experience is that when men reach a certain age, and the once ripped body has receded to the ravages of time, message shirts bother women. A lot. And in the end, they got what we want. Just trying to contribute lessons learned the hard way to keep the whippersnappers from stepping on life's little landmines.

Yes. Yes it is.
It's really a range and knock around the house sort of t-shirt, certainly not an everyday shirt. I was surprised by her reaction when she saw it going into my bag.
I may have been born at night but not last night. Her wishes will prevail, I'll grumble a bit (required per man card) and move on to more important things.
I'm on the wrong side of whippersnapper, it's well into my rear view morrow as well. I always appreciate your perspective/wisdom and that of my other LIF brothers (and sisters Deb), just thought I'd post this because, in the moment her words caught me by surprise.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.