Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the best pic I could take of a faint Hebrew stamp on my Israeli Mauser. Can anyone possibly enhance it so I can have it translated?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
This is the best pic I could take of a faint Hebrew stamp on my Israeli Mauser. Can anyone possibly enhance it so I can have it translated?
How about this. I increased contrast in Photoshop and played with the curves in the separate red, been, blue channels. I think the last 2 letters are cuff and nun. I'm not sure of the first 2.

Attachments

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
Looks to me like:

Nun
????
Mem
He or Heth

No idea what it stands for and the second character may well a symbol outside of the alphabet, like a manufacturers' seal or proofmark. Have you looked at a forum specific to your type of rifle? They may well have worked it out already.

Also, it may work better to take a rubbing on very fine paper or try scanning the mark since these techniques should avoid the point-source light reflection that seems to be affecting your image contrast, You could also blue that spot with quick blue, which will give you a dark matte surface.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
"Get some"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.