Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I tried a galaxy S4 and S5 when I was ready for a new phone. I was so amazed at how unintuitive the interface was for android.

There were 5 different paths to the same thing and like 3 options to download an app.

Despite that the specs were better, the iPhone 6 had a much nicer screen.

I really wanted to switch away from Apple as they killed my older phone with an unreversable OS "upgrade" but it wasn't worth it.

Now I am just never updating the software again.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
I had one for 2 years and it sucked. I'll keep my iPhone.

·
Runs with scissors
1,759 Posts
No thanks! I like how all my devices sinc.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Each platform has its good and bad, I have had both and currently have the I phone. You can do far more with android however, you can not beat the ease of use of the I phone.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
I'm actually thinking about it- for a couple of reasons. The Galaxy S5 is effectively waterproof, I have seen people in videos strike it with a 16oz hammer and the hammer bounced off (myiPhone got nuked when somebody dropped it off a museum display case I was installing) and the big one for me DUSTPROOF. The lint, sawdust, gypsum, metal shavings, and other crap that finds its way into my pockets wreaks havoc with the charger port and on/off button on the iPhone, I am getting it fixed every 3-4 months. I have got to putting a bit of electrical tape over the charger port when I'm doing something like drywall. That, IMO, is BS.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I have both and as mentioned above they both have their merits. I lean toward the Galaxy S5 because as also mnetioned above, it is water/dust proof and can take a beating. I am very rough on my phones (and don't like cases) and have broken multiple iPhones at work. Still on my original S5... sides and back are beat to all hell, but screen still looks great and no dust under the screen which my iPhones seems to get within a few months. The iPhone excels in simplicity and migrating seamlessly to a new iPhone. I can do more with my Galaxy which is good and bad (malware/hacking), just need to be cautious.

Anyhow, wonder how many people Samsung will get to switch with this whole trail period thing. And what do they do with all those used phones that get returned... I'd take a slightly used 6 Edge for a nice discount!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts