Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Progressive democrat appointed kangaroo court. Same type of blatant unfairness and illegal underhanded tactics used by the IRS and other 'big government democrats' practice. Keep the blue machine chugging along anything will pass as legitimate.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Very informative and scary article. I had no idea of how wast scope of power is for New York AG. If did not live here, I would have hard time believing that this was possible. This is part is the most frightening:

"It empowers him to subpoena any document he wants from anyone doing business in the state; to keep an investigation totally secret or to make it totally public; and to choose between filing civil or criminal charges whenever he wants. People called in for questioning during Martin Act investigations do not have a right to counsel or a right against self-incrimination. Combined, the act's powers exceed those given any regulator in any other state. Now for the scary part: To win a case, the attorney general doesn't have to prove that the defendant intended to defraud anyone, that a transaction took place, or that anyone actually was defrauded. Plus, when the prosecution is over, trial lawyers can gain access to the hoards of documents that the case has churned up and use them as the basis for civil suits."

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LTQ: reminds me of the prosecution against Walker up in Wisconsin. It would seem to me that no right to counsel or no right
against self-incrimination violates the US Constitution.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
People worry about NSA listening to their pizza order, but this is the overboard leftist government power that demeans the meaning of democracy and freedom. It effects the other guy (with money) so who cares.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
LTQ: reminds me of the prosecution against Walker up in Wisconsin. It would seem to me that no right to counsel or no right
against self-incrimination violates the US Constitution.
I know less about the U.S. constitution than most of you since I did not grow up or went to school here, but even I know that this should not stand. Where are the Comstitutional scholars or lawyers to take this thing apart?

One thing that I assume, but I am not sure - the constitution of any country should supersede any other laws. In other words, all the laws should be constitutional.

But then again, I am stay-at-home mom with a useless BA. What the hell do I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.