Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TGIF!

I'm starting to ramp up my search for our next lease (lease is up in November). One of the sport sedans my wife and I have been strongly considering is the Infiniti Q50... I want at least the "Premium AWD" model, but also like the "S AWD" model. We currently have a C300 4MATIC Sport which we love and is more like the "S AWD" model. We got a deal on that C300 that I fear will not be replicated this time around especially with the new 2015 C model intro (price increase and less aggressive promos).

Before getting our last lease we test drove the G37x (now with the Q40 badge) and wasn't overly impressed with the handling and road feel. It was, however, a freaking rocket especially with that 100% rear-wheel drive default on the AWD models (the C300 4MATIC is 60% rear/40% front by default). I still like the G37x/Q40, but I like the styling of the Q50 and heard that the handling is much more refined this time around (except for the models equipped with the new crappy Direct Adaptive Steering)...

We have not had the chance yet to test drive it, but I was wondering if anyone currently has the Q50 and wanted to know what you think of it so far! I stopped by Competition Infiniti in Smithtown during lunch today to take a peek and I've never seen so many Q50's on the lot!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
All I can say is I hade the original g35 coupe 6mt in 2003 when it first came out. Loooooooved that car. Didn't have any issues and it was a first year model. Known a lot of others with them since and they never had issues. Take it out for a test drive and give a lil bit of a how's ya fatha....

Last time I was shopping for cars for my wife we looked at the Infiniti...about 3 years ago and their leases are stupid cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
All I can say is I hade the original g35 coupe 6mt in 2003 when it first came out. Loooooooved that car. Didn't have any issues and it was a first year model. Known a lot of others with them since and they never had issues. Take it out for a test drive and give a lil bit of a how's ya fatha....

Last time I was shopping for cars for my wife we looked at the Infiniti...about 3 years ago and their leases are stupid cheap.
Yes, the lease offers are very competitive... the G37x/Q40 AWD completely loaded with Nav package is $279/month for 39 months and the Q50 Premium AWD (no NAV) is $309/month for 39 months (both plus taxes, blah, blah, blah)... I definitely need to test drive it soon.

Q40

Lease Offers

2015 Q40 WITH MOONROOF AND NAVIGATION PLUS PACKAGES

$279/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS

$3,999 INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. For well qualified lessees. Offer ends 08/31/2015.

2015 Q40 AWD WITH MOONROOF AND NAVIGATION PLUS PACKAGES

$279/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS

$4,299 INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. For well qualified lessees. Offer ends 08/31/2015.

Q50

Lease Offers

2015 Q50 3.7 PREMIUM

$309/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS

$3,499 INITIAL PAYMENT

2015 Q50 3.7 AWD PREMIUM

$309/MONTH LEASE FOR
39 MONTHS

$3,699 INITIAL PAYMENT

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Whoa that's a big number for the down payment.
Yeah, very true, but for every $1,000 less in downpayment, you can raise the monthly payment approx. $30... I would never put that much down on a lease...

Maybe in the next month or so (SEPT/OCT), they will sweeten the deal and require a lower downpayment... it's almost that time of year! The 2016's should be in soon...

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Down payments are lost . Should vehicle get totaled or stolen. Zero down is the way to go.
Agreed... If you find a premium compact or mid-sized sports sedan offered with legitimate "zero down" and a reasonable monthly payment please let me know!

I don't think I've ever seen that... I've only seen that over the years with base models of Honda/Toyota/Nissan, etc... Accord LX, etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have driven the new Q50 multiple times due to my old job having one in stock. It was a beautiful car to drive, quick, stylish, and fun. Overall seemed like a very solid choice. As you said, go test drive it and see how you like it. I would consider it for a purchase in the future for what its worth.

Good luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I leased a Q50 AWD a few months ago from Competition Infiniti in Smithtown. The car is roomy, beautiful, fun to drive, and very quick! It also handles really well. I looked at the BMW 328 also, but was seduced by the 328HP and low lease payment. My only complaint is the 7-speed automatic sometimes seems a bit lost/sluggish to shift to the optimal gear, but the horsepower is more than enough to correct the "problem". Be aware that while both of these cars are roomy, neither offers large trunk space. On the highway, I am getting 25+mpg, around town though about 18+mpg.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I leased a Q50 AWD a few months ago from Competition Infiniti in Smithtown. The car is roomy, beautiful, fun to drive, and very quick! It also handles really well. I looked at the BMW 328 also, but was seduced by the 328HP and low lease payment. My only complaint is the 7-speed automatic sometimes seems a bit lost/sluggish to shift to the optimal gear, but the horsepower is more than enough to correct the "problem". Be aware that while both of these cars are roomy, neither offers large trunk space. On the highway, I am getting 25+mpg, around town though about 18+mpg.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it! I remember your thread now! I see the 0-60 improved a few tenths in the Q50 (I think they tweaked the engine a little too) and heard the handling was better vs. the G37x/Q40 (which you would hope/expect for a total redesign). It's now 5.2/5.3 secs 0-60 on the 2-wheel drive model and 5.5/5.6 secs 0-60 on the AWD models. I knew the handling could not match the German cars (my car feels like it's riding on rails when you accelerate around a bend and begs for more gas), but I too like the idea of the raw power of a 328HP non-turbo V6 (and the lower, more affordable lease payment)! Can't wait to test drive it!

·
Registered
350 Posts
BTW, Competition Infiniti in Smithtown was a pleasure to deal with - no pressure, very easy transaction from start to finish. I did negotiate the mileage from the offered 10K mi per year to 12K mi per year at no additional cost. And they gave me the fair market trade-in value on my barely running 2000 Altima "beater". I dealt with Vinny. I was in a time crunch, so I only looked at the BMW and Infiniti and the dealerships are right next to each other, so it is very easy to test drive both in the same afternoon. I hate boring cars, and this Q50 is no boring car.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
BTW, Competition Infiniti in Smithtown was a pleasure to deal with - no pressure, very easy transaction from start to finish. I did negotiate the mileage from the offered 10K mi per year to 12K mi per year at no additional cost. And they gave me the fair market trade-in value on my barely running 2000 Altima "beater". I dealt with Vinny. I was in a time crunch, so I only looked at the BMW and Infiniti and the dealerships are right next to each other, so it is very easy to test drive both in the same afternoon. I hate boring cars, and this Q50 is no boring car.
Is his last name Trapani? I spoke with him a couple of years ago when we were looking at the G... very helpful and low pressure... he was actually delivering a Q50 when I was stalking the lot yesterday during lunch...

I too love that stretch of Jerico Tpke in Smithtown/St. James... Volkswagen, Nissan, Honda, Audi, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, and Volvo all walking distance between the Wendy's and the McDonalds!

Yeah, my wife and I have had our share of "sensible" and "practical" cars with Honda, Acura (Integra back in the 1990's), Ford, Nissan and Toyota over the years... our other car is a Honda CR-V which we own and love, but the lease needs to be something fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.