Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If only this would catch on...................

http://www.wave3.com/story/29785993/violence-leads-mayor-to-declare-walmart-public-nuisance

BEECH GROVE, IN (WXIN/WTTV/CNN) - Two men are at the center of the latest issues at the Beach Grove Walmart. Both of the men are 42 years old.
Police say the duo attempted to shoplift from the Beech Grove Walmart on Thursday afternoon, but were stopped by police inside of the store.

During questioning, one suspect pulled out a hand gun and then ran from officers. Sprinting across the busy Walmart parking lot and entering the nearby Egg Roll # 1 One restaurant through the back door.
That's when police say the suspect, who is wanted on two outstanding warrants, locked himself in the bathroom, and shot himself in the head.

"But you don't know what is going to happen when you go there. Today somebody shoplifts and the sheriff department is interviewing these people in there. They take off, they run through the parking lot. The guy has a gun on him and then he ends up going into a local restaurant and shooting himself. We can not do that," said Mayor Dennis Buckley.

The Beech Grove Walmart already has a bad reputation after the infamous video of two woman fighting in the shampoo aisle went viral. The mayor says he has had enough of the issues and is sick of Walmart tainting his city's reputation, declaring them a public nuisance for the first time.

"There is a 10-day grace period. Then after that, we will issue them a ticket every time we go down to Walmart for being a nuisance. The intent is to discourage the behavior," the mayor said.

Walmart has increased security at their super center, and says they are doing everything they can to work with the city and police to stop crimes from happening on their property. "We do have resources in place and provisions in place so that when there is behavior that we don't find acceptable happening inside of Walmart, such as an attempted shoplifting, we detect that behavior and we act on it. That is what happened today," said Walmart spokesman Brian Nick.

But the city says they are done spending money time and resources to stop crimes from happening at the Walmart. "I can understand that it can happen anywhere, but it seems to happen a lot at Walmart. It needs to stop," the mayor said.
Copyright 2015 WXIN, WTTV via CNN. All rights reserved.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
So some POS criminal steals from a store and the store is a "nuisance"?
And every time the police go to Walmart because of criminal activity the store will get a ticket?
Do they do the same at the projects I wonder?
No I don't. I know they don't.

I have a really weird idea for you mayor.
Why not lock up criminals? Declare them a nuisance?

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So some POS criminal steals from a store and the store is a "nuisance"?
And every time the police go to Walmart because of criminal activity the store will get a ticket?
Do they do the same at the projects I wonder?
No I don't. I know they don't.

I have a really weird idea for you mayor.
Why not lock up criminals? Declare them a nuisance?
There you go again with that logic.
You see, just like "share the wealth", it's "share the crime".

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Walmart should just let them have the stuff I mean really if they do not then they are racist by making that person pay for something that they clearly do not have the money to own and in this day and age everyone is entitled to everything so not just handing it over is pure racism.WTF did that mayor even think about what he was saying before he said it ticket/ fine a business for being ripped off hooboy lala land is where he should be the mayor.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
This is a mayor who like DeBlasio blames businesses for the criminal element/ trailer trash/homelessness in their town. Typical liberal response when it comes to accountability..point fingers at the other guy.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Reactions: Barnslayer

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
It is a public nuisance, but not for those reasons, because they exploit the welfare system to subsidize their lousy pay, and lead the charge in shipping our manufacturing base to China.
I dislike Walmart, but this sheriff is wrong - blaming the victim.
Our manufacturing base is elsewhere because majority of us are either unable or unwilling to pay $300 for a toaster made in the USA.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Go on Google maps and read the review of this place it sounds like BEECH GROVE is a nuisance to the rest of the state. Sounds like a Obama supporter haven.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I dislike Walmart, but this sheriff is wrong - blaming the victim.
Our manufacturing base is elsewhere because majority of us are either unable or unwilling to pay $300 for a toaster made in the USA.
If we mass produced goods here with reasonably paid jobs (not 1970s era corrupt union wages, but not 30 cents a day Chinese wages, either) you'd see prices come down and more people being able to earn a decent living instead of a crap retail job with the taxpayers picking up the difference in the form of social services). They've already figured out that Apple could make their products here and still turn a tidy profit. Not hundreds of billions in cash profit, but still pretty good. And if the corporations are actively working against our best interests, maybe it's time we did something about it.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
If we mass produced goods here with reasonably paid jobs (not 1970s era corrupt union wages, but not 30 cents a day Chinese wages, either) you'd see prices come down and more people being able to earn a decent living instead of a crap retail job with the taxpayers picking up the difference in the form of social services). They've already figured out that Apple could make their products here and still turn a tidy profit. Not hundreds of billions in cash profit, but still pretty good. And if the corporations are actively working against our best interests, maybe it's time we did something about it.
So what do you propose… government control over corporations?

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
So nitwit Mr. Mayor has essentially told Walmart, a tax paying business who I'm guessing is a significant local employer (their wage and hiring practices are for a different discussion) as well as a supporter (Walmart Foundation donates locally at every store) of their community's civics and not for profits, that they are now under a fee (fine) for services status with their little slice of heaven.
Not because their alarm goes of every morning at 3am, not because they are burning coal and sooting up the neighborhood, not because they dump their garbage illegally. Because a criminal with open warrants committed a crime there and Mr. Mayor says that reflects on Walmart.
How about the local judiciary stop setting bail on creeps and lowlife criminals. If the bad guys trouble you so much, surveil them, all of them, 25/8. When they run afoul of the law (shoplifting), lock em up.
Little pockets of fascism like this grow into big pockets of fascism...this jerk wants a pay to play town and a mini police state all at the same time.
Sheesh

Edit: spelling

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
You're feelings are not based upon economics.
So Apple is a bad because they manufacture products where it is significantly cheaper for many reasons. One of the big reasons is because of insanely high taxes.
Want to spur growth in the US?
Lower the corporate tax rate which is literally the highest rate in the first world.
Also let them bring their money here from overseas and invest it instead of the greedy government taxing it away so they invest further overseas.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.