Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down in Virginia Beach for a Costa Luddus handgun class this weekend. Chris Costa and a number of the other students were carrying McGlocks and M&Ps customized by Salient. I shot one that another student had and actually liked it. It wasn't hideously ugly, either! It was no Walther or H&K, but it wasn't hideous cult-indoctrinating tupperware either.

McFly, be carefule, you might hurt yourself looking at this website, which carries Salient Arms Glocks:

http://www.reactivegunworks.com/store/p28/Salient_G17_Tier_1_TiN.html

PS - I liked it but at these prices I'll stick to Walthers.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't mess with perfection
That's true...Walther's need nothing done to them. No Ghost trigger needed. No Apex trigger needed. Not hideous. No cult membership. Perfect right out of the box.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Salient is ridiculous, charging thousands for basically a grip reduction, stippling, and slide relief cuts.

Their marketing is tier one, but new fancy hardware can't cure people's software problems.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
Salient is over priced. None of that stuff is needed as Glocks work great out of the box. But sometimes people want to customize to suit their needs or tastes, nothing wrong with that. But lets not confuse want with need.

I guess I will never understand people saying the Glock is ugly, as if looks are important in a defensive weapon. They are tools intended to do a job. The Glock has a simple and functional look to it. None of the striker fired polymer framed guns are good looking guns. The M&P doesn't look any better than the Glock. And those of you who think the PPQ is a beautiful gun should take your seeing eye dog for a walk and get some fresh air.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Salient is over priced. None of that stuff is needed as Glocks work great out of the box. But sometimes people want to customize to suit their needs or tastes, nothing wrong with that. But lets not confuse want with need.

I guess I will never understand people saying the Glock is ugly, as if looks are important in a defensive weapon. They are tools intended to do a job. The Glock has a simple and functional look to it. None of the striker fired polymer framed guns are good looking guns. The M&P doesn't look any better than the Glock. And those of you who think the PPQ is a beautiful gun should take your seeing eye dog for a walk and get some fresh air.
Pride of ownership. If all we wanted was function looks wouldn't matter. Otherwise we'd all be driving one of these (basic transportation).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.