Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like a dumbass I allowed my license to expire....18 months ago. In my defence we had just had a baby born prematurely, so my mind was elsewhere. I don't currently own any pistols, so I am not "in non-compliance". What are the chances that they will let me simply renew without going through the year long process agian?

I figure I have three options
1) forget about it or restart the process.
2) go in person and plead my case to let me renew.
3) mail in the paperwork and check and just hope for the best.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would say #2 also. Maybe you can call them and make an appointment so they will have time to talk to you.

·
shots fired
2,350 Posts
i agree with the above. if its suffolk they are very nice people and im sure they'll do whatever they can to help you out.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yeah #2 I've gone to the Huntington DMV and they are very nice. It seems they don't treat you like a number.

Reactions: SOUTHSHOREROB

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Call make an appointment,show up before the scheduled time ( 15 minutes) dress like you have some self worth, bring the paperwork from hospital,plead your case say a long prayer and keep us posted

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
I know someone who did the same thing. It wasn't a problem. He called, they said send in or bring in your paperwork asap and gave him a new license. No biggie. Unfortunately...results with PLB often vary.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I know guys with expired licenses that had listed pistols on them that just showed up and apologized and pleaded very respectfully and walked out with their new license. In person is always better.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
This hapened to me. 18 months expired and I had pistols on the permit. I went down to the PLB with all my renewal papers ready to go and pointed out my mistake. They asked if anyone had contacted me from the PLB about the expiration and they had not. They then renewed my license with a warning not to let it happen again.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Update on this - I didn't call, I didn't go down there, I just sent the check and paperwork in by mail. Got my new permit today. Had I realized that I could just mail in the paperwork, I would have done that 18 months ago.
Glad everything worked out for ya ... Now don't do that again !

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Fantastic!
Update on this - I didn't call, I didn't go down there, I just sent the check and paperwork in by mail. Got my new permit today. Had I realized that I could just mail in the paperwork, I would have done that 18 months ago.
Fantastic!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts