Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse my first post on LIF, but this should be of interest to those who believe that one's oath to uphold the Constitution is the highest priority.

"In a showdown over the privacy rights of gun owners, the Illinois State Police are refusing to release a list identifying all firearm permit holders in the state after Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan determined that the information "must" be made public."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Excuse my first post on LIF, but this should be of interest to those who believe that one's oath to uphold the Constitution is the highest priority.

"In a showdown over the privacy rights of gun owners, the Illinois State Police are refusing to release a list identifying all firearm permit holders in the state after Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan determined that the information "must" be made public."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good for them. Let's just hope the list stays in the hands of those who have integrity.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good for them. Let's just hope the list stays in the hands of those who have integrity.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I'm not sure why people think releasing this info to the public is of any value. It's been done here in NY before. My local paper printed every name in the damn paper a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I'm not sure why people think releasing this info to the public is of any value. It's been done here in NY before. My local paper printed every name in the damn paper a couple of years ago.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
People should try to get all of these politicians medical history. It may be of public concern. If they have STDs or a history of drug or alcohol abuse they may be a public menace or spreading diseases to unsuspecting people that we should all know about. See how silly that sounds. Too bad all of our info is already out there :(

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
People should try to get all of these politicians medical history. It may be of public concern. If they have STDs or a history of drug or alcohol abuse they may be a public menace or spreading diseases to unsuspecting people that we should all know about. See how silly that sounds. Too bad all of our info is already out there :(

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the article.

Dov

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the article.

Dov

·
Little. Yellow. Different. Better.
1,716 Posts
[quote name='']If the state publishes a list of gun owners, Republican Rep. Ron Stephens said, "You are by design also publishing a list of everyone who doesn't" carry a firearm.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/#ixzz1FXrtNtWu[/quote]

What an excellent point, and a great reason not to publish the list.

·
Little. Yellow. Different. Better.
1,716 Posts
[quote name='']If the state publishes a list of gun owners, Republican Rep. Ron Stephens said, "You are by design also publishing a list of everyone who doesn't" carry a firearm.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/#ixzz1FXrtNtWu[/quote]

What an excellent point, and a great reason not to publish the list.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Finally a police agency thinking logically and not bowing to political pressure. If NY had such people of high standards. I would like to see all politicians medical records.  I don't want to vote for a guy or gal, who is a walking time bomb whether physically or mentally. This is truly of public interest. I believe every President has to release there records. Why doesn't this apply to all other politico's?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Finally a police agency thinking logically and not bowing to political pressure. If NY had such people of high standards. I would like to see all politicians medical records.  I don't want to vote for a guy or gal, who is a walking time bomb whether physically or mentally. This is truly of public interest. I believe every President has to release there records. Why doesn't this apply to all other politico's?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts