Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Mike H.:

At Freeport R/R Idpa style match April 9-10. Setup for this match is on April-9 at 1:30 pm. That means guys u come down and help setup u can shoot that day. Start time April 10 8am. If u are going to shoot the match email your name what division u are going to shoot( if u do not know what division u are going to shoot tell what gun u plan on shooting). bring 100 rds
Mike's email is: [email protected]

IDPA matches tend to be a bit more newbie friendly due to the lower round counts, and only needing three total mags. You can get away with one double mag pouch, as you will start with the third one in the gun.

If you're thinking about it, come on down and give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh that would be perfect for a newbie like me. Too bad I have only one magazine for now. Oh well, hope it will be not the last match this season.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Oh that would be perfect for a newbie like me. Too bad I have only one magazine for now. Oh well, hope it will be not the last match this season.
First two weekends of the month at Freeport, both Saturdays and Sundays, from April to November.

LIPSA's calendar:
https://lipsa.us/Event/Calendar

If you tell us what you're shooting, there is a good chance someone may have mags they'd be willing to loan.

ETA: SIG 226, correct? Anybody willing to loan a newb some mags?

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Complain to USPSA/IPSC and/or IDPA. Their rules.

Too small of a caliber is a recoil advantage, and 9mm Parabellum is where the line is drawn. Otherwise, guys will show up and want to shoot .32's and .25's against .45's.

You'll catch enough grief about sitting to pee for shooting 9mm as it is. Any smaller, and somebody may buy you flowers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Zet vot you all Amerikanz do- complain and complain and zen complain little mor. In Soviet Russia vee don't komplain, vee shoot, and zen shoot vodka viz our pet bear.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
It was fun.. Lots of people showed up, maybe 30.. It was a cold morning but the sun warmed us up and it was a great day to be outside. Good people and great shooting...

Reactions: Bcwood64

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't blame us, or the clubs. Blame the anti's that give innocent people crap for participating in their legal hobby.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't blame anyone. It is existent fear from both sides that bothers me. I just do my thing and trying to share some knowledge. Personally I do believe that videos and pictures from those matches are part of calm and responsible education. If range is against it, so be it. I hope they don't mind a personal use, because it could be a great tool for self improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
A few guys run go pros or other cameras for just that reason.

Hopefully you get your sig out next month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts