Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chrisgonefishing728 said:
Hello everyone I am in brooklyn NY new 2011 pistol permit holder and I am coming up on my second pistol purchase i have been dealing with my range in the five boroughs and purchased my first gun wich was a smith and wesson 686 357 magnum stainless 6 inch barrel I am looking to purchase a 1911 such as the new ruger or the e series smith and wesson but the range is giving me the msrp prices they told me the ruger is $800.00 and the e series is $919.00 but he keeps telling me the grip is black not wood laminate so when i go online i see the model he showed me comes with the wood laminte and they have a picture of the black grip 1911 but it is not an e series it is an older version not the new e series and if you must know i paid full msrp for my 357 so is this common with nyc shops and can i purchase my gun in long island or can i only buy in the five boroughs
Welcome to the forum. I understand you may be frustrated, but please use the "." and "," keys located on the bottom row of your keyboard. I couldn't understand anything in your wall of text.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Come out east to South Shore Sportsman in Merrick. Mike is ex NYPD, knows the NYC pistol rules, and puts his price on the ticket right under the list price.

If that's not enough, he also has a very large inventory of guns for you to fondle.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about that
I will do better next time
No problem. If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying he has a Ruger SR1911 in stock for the MSRP? While it may seem high, this is understandable due to how rare they are. In this case, Ruger seems to have taken a page out of Kel-Tec's manufacturing book and underestimated the market.

As for the E series, I'm not sure if you've actually SEEN it or if he's ordering it for you. Either way, if it's MSRP its a little too high. You should have no problem buying from Nassau. Head out to SouthShore Sportsman in Merrick, they have a great selection and awesome prices. Worth the trip.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
After checking other stores online I can see that many stores sell far under the "msrp" price .
My question is can I purchase a handgun out of the five bouroughs if
I am licensed in Brooklyn "NY"
Welcome. In short, yes you can buy outside of NYC.

As mentioned above, South Shore Sportsman in Merrick, is a great shop, and highly recommended. Well worth the trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.