Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Just came back from Cabela's where I fell in love with Mossberg MVP LC Light-Chassis Bolt-Action rifle. It is oh so light and handles beautifully. My husband was egging me on forever to try one of them in stead of building an AR. A few months ago, I actually tried to handle one of them in Dick's store but that did not go well (no need to elaborate).

So, after waiting for a while because Cabela's was understaffed today, I got to play with this beauty. I "reminded" Habsfan that my birthday was coming up (wink, wink) and that I do not wear jewelry
It was a bit to much money to lay down for a rifle at the beginning of the school year, but I will definitely keep this one in mind for my next purchase.

What I liked about it is the fact that the stock is fully adjustable, (I am a bit of a giraffe), the trigger is adjustable from 2-7lbs and the weight is only 8lbs for .223. The moment I picked it up, it felt like a part of my body. I felt so comfortable with it. It never happened to me before.

So, who has one? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Any first hand info would be really appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Just came back from Cabela's where I fell in love with Mossberg MVP LC Light-Chassis Bolt-Action rifle. It is oh so light and handles beautifully. My husband was egging me on forever to try one of them in stead of building an AR. A few months ago, I actually tried to handle one of them in Dick's store but that did not go well (no need to elaborate).
So, after waiting for a while because Cabela's was understaffed today, I got to play with this beauty. I "reminded" HabsFan that my birthday was coming up (wink, wink). It was a bit to much money to lay down for a rifle at the beginning of the school year, but I will definitely keep this one in mind for my next purchase.
What I liked about it is the fact that the stock is fully adjustable, (I am a bit of a giraffe), the trigger is adjustable from 2-7lbs and the weight of only 8lbs for .223.
So, who has one? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Any first hand info would be really appreciated.
Uh-oh!

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I have the MVP predator. It's a tack driver. 1 moa or below even out to 200 yards.

.223 mvps love hornady vmax 50-55 gr bullets. Freedom munitions has the best price and shoots great.

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
I have the MVP predator. It's a tack driver. 1 moa or below even out to 200 yards.

.223 mvps love hornady vmax 50-55 gr bullets. Freedom munitions has the best price and shoots great.
I have a predator too, and I concur with the above. If you ever want to try mine let me know - i have a few fudd rifles to sight in over the next few weeks. And I'll drag my wife along... and by drag, I mean she's been asking me about range time!

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a predator too, and I concur with the above. If you ever want to try mine let me know - i have a few fudd rifles to sight in over the next few weeks. And I'll drag my wife along... and by drag, I mean she's been asking me about range time!
I would really like that. I need to sight in two rifles, so it would be perfect. Habsfan would be happy to get some "kids free" range time with me. I will be in touch. Thank you, I would like to try your Predator.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Times like this make me "appreciate" my wife's lack of interest in shooting sports... we only have so much $$$.
No way you can make me feel guilty and if I meet your wife, she may change her mind

Reactions: DIRTBIKEZ

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
shortish barrel, but should be good out to 200 ish yards.

what is the barrel twist? I couldn't find it with a quick google search.

I ask because I'm biased on bullets...i feel like the 69 gr sierra matchking is the best invention since the garand. That being said in an old .222 i used to blow up quarters with 52 grain bullets.

will you reload for this, or shoot factory?

looks awesome, and if the ergonomics are there then you just have to ask if it will shoot what you want to shoot with it. Should be a great 200 yard golf ball chaser.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
The barrel says 1:7 twist

Will be reloading... Read that as "my wife will be using my reloads" :)

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
The barrel says 1:7 twist

Will be reloading... Read that as "my wife will be using my reloads" :)
sierra matchkings all day! should shoot 80 grainers too, but not sure how that would work out of a short barrel.....but that's overkill under 200 yards. If you're getting wind drift at 200 yards....you get credit for shooting when people might be considering boarding windows.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.