Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
In a simpler world it would be easier to merge the SCSO and the SCPD.

End the drama, the redundancy, the duplicated costs, etc ...

T.Webb said:
In a simpler world it would be easier to merge the SCSO and the SCPD.

End the drama, the redundancy, the duplicated costs, etc ...
In other States and Counties The two have different job functions. Sheriffs handle civil matters ( Judgement s , Court orders, civil matters and evictions) and PD handles criminal matters ( Patrol, Criminal investigations, arrests, traffic control) If the two depts did what they were intended to do. Like in other Counties, There would be no duplicate services and no drama.

SO I was just counting on my fingers how many police dept. Jurisdictional lines I have to pass through just to go to work.
I live in Southold town Suffolk county NY.
Despite the fact that I live in one of the five eastern towns that have their own police department and it's not likely to have to deal with SCPD there still jurisdictionally responsible because I live in the County of Suffolk.
The list--- Southold police department, Riverhead Police Department, Quogue Village Police Department, Southhampton town Police Department,New York state police,SCPD, and Suffolk County sheriffs.
Plus I pass through a Suffolk county park and pine pine barrens so add SC Park police and DEC.

??No redundancy there??
:sarcasm:sarcasm

CommackBoy said:
The reason it happened was because Sheriff's union is a lot stronger in Suffolk than Suffolk PD union. There was some turmoil and Sheriff guys got the contract for the LIE. There is more to the story. Sheriff guys had no training on proper stopping of motorists and ticket writing since they've never done it before. So they needed to be trained. Suffolk PD being pissed off to no end, refused to train them, so they had to go to Nassau to get trained. Welcome to NY.
This post is absolute nonsense from top to bottom

Alot of misinformation on this one. Its simple. County Executive Levy never had a good relationship with the SCPD. Way back to when he was in the county Legislature. When he became Exec, he played smoke and mirrors to pull the SCPD off the highway and give it to the Sheriffs. The SCPD union did not support Levy when he ran for office. The only LEO union to support Levy was .............. you guessed it, the Sheriffs. And then after 48 years of patrolling the hwy, the SCPD were removed by Levy and replaced with the Sheriffs. Now that the new Exec was supported by the SCPD union, and not the Sheriffs, guess whose getting back the hwy. SCPD, obviously.
Your right on the money but the Levy hatred of scpd went back even further then that. A guy who I worked with in plain clothes back in the late 80's early 90's grew up on the same block as little Stevey. so did two brothers who both became NYPD all three of the guys who went PD all kind of teased Stevey all the time and his mother would come and save him always yelling that they were all bums and would never amount to anything. Well all three went to PD did well and moved on. Stevey boy was probably scheming anti PD from way back then.

SO I was just counting on my fingers how many police dept. Jurisdictional lines I have to pass through just to go to work.
I live in Southold town Suffolk county NY.
Despite the fact that I live in one of the five eastern towns that have their own police department and it's not likely to have to deal with SCPD there still jurisdictionally responsible because I live in the County of Suffolk.
The list--- Southold police department, Riverhead Police Department, Quogue Village Police Department, Southhampton town Police Department,New York state police,SCPD, and Suffolk County sheriffs.
Plus I pass through a Suffolk county park and pine pine barrens so add SC Park police and DEC.

??No redundancy there??and if you cut through pilgrim state you got omh, ahhh hahah!
:sarcasm:sarcasm

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.