Long Island Shooters Forum banner

I Just gotta ask

6K views 51 replies 34 participants last post by  nevergiveup 
The rumor mill states that the Sheriffs highly supported Steve Levy and there union was able to successfully take the highways so that they may get the overtime.  Like I said though.... it is just the rumor mill so take it for what it is worth.

Punisher1336 said:
Alot of misinformation on this one. Its simple. County Executive Levy never had a good relationship with the SCPD. Way back to when he was in the county Legislature. When he became Exec, he played smoke and mirrors to pull the SCPD off the highway and give it to the Sheriffs. The SCPD union did not support Levy when he ran for office. The only LEO union to support Levy was .............. you guessed it, the Sheriffs. And then after 48 years of patrolling the hwy, the SCPD were removed by Levy and replaced with the Sheriffs. Now that the new Exec was supported by the SCPD union, and not the Sheriffs, guess whose getting back the hwy. SCPD, obviously.
Thought thats what I said ;)

cMc214 said:
The rumor mill states that the Sheriffs highly supported Steve Levy and there union was able to successfully take the highways so that they may get the overtime. Like I said though.... it is just the rumor mill so take it for what it is worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.