Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on the Island though.

If you travel the Taconic State Parkway, just a few miles past Rte 84, is Route 82, in Hopewell Junction. {Note ** There is another Route 82, up further in Columbia County}.Get off the exit and head south past the Mobil station, and go 2 or 3 miles. There is a small gun store on the right. Not much to look at, but when you step inside, you'll truly be shocked. This place is like 10 lbs. of gun heaven stuffed into a 5 lb. pail. crowded doesn't adequately describe this place. New, used, military, "black", hunting ... you name it.

This store had the absolute largest selection of Cobra, DeSantis, Fobus, and Blackhawk holsters I've ever seen in one store. They are also a "stocking LEO distributor" for Sig, Glock, S&W and more.

This place is about an hour from the Whitestone Bridge. It's worth stopping by if you regularly travel the Taconic.

I think it's called "Collectors Firearms and Ammo". They have a web address, but I already seem to have misplaced the card.

*** Disclaimer *** I just went in for the first time today. I have no financial interest in the store.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Probably the most hated NY gun store on arfcom. Good prices on ammo. Great selection of ammo. Solid prices on guns. Workers run hot and cold. Depends on the day, and time.

Top issues
Price difference between website and store
Cash "discount" inconsistency
Their general level of neatness (seriously)
******* factor
The time of day they stop doing 4473's and how it refelects on customer service attitude
The manic depressive nature of the dad
Crowd factor

Those arfcommers can be a bit delicate.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Think so. They have a somewhat mysterious cash discount policy. You put a bunch of stuff on the counter, they throw a number at you. It tends to be less than you would have paid with a credit card and more than you thought that you would pay with cash. They also seem lax about counting how many boxes of ammo you are buying. It has worked for and against me in the past. I don't mention it in the store, because honestly, their prices are SO much better than other local stores, that being overcharged for 1 box means little, and I have been undercharged just as often. I also do NOT want to be labelled as a problem customer. The old man can be a bit of a Soup Nazi.

My take is, these are a couple of ******** that put together a nice business model, which exploded after 11/2008. In their favor, they have never price gouged. When Obama madness was peaking, they were dirt cheap. Now that supplies are back, they are not so cheap. Guess what, their prices never really changed.

These guys carry more black rifle stuff than most, and they are not even into them. The son owns 1 preban, tricked out with a 37mm.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
Other than the "Good prices on ammo. Great selection of ammo. Solid prices on guns."... it seems like a place we all discuss on here quite a bit ;)

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent about 15 minutes in the store yesterday. the place was packed, not only with product, but with customers as well. I didn't buy anything there, but, I saw a nice swelection of merchandise. I looked at a couple of vintage shotguns, and a few used Marlin lever guns. all the prices seemed good.

That's about all I can say about this store.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
They also have tables at the Middletown gun show. I bought my first lower from them at that show right after Obama was elected. Price wasn't bad. It was a Stag lower. But they was selling a lot of bulk ammo at the show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.