Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
10,933 Posts
I saw this awhile ago. It's depressing how many of the youth today couldn't give two craps about the people that fought, bled, suffered, and died for them. They ask for virtually nothing in return. The least these little poops could do is thank Veterans for their service.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Now they fight for the best interest of rich folks

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
This is why it's our job to educate our kids and to give them the appreciation of what our fathers and brothers have done.

It's why I thank God that I was born when I was. The line from the song Allentown "our fathers fought the second world war" comes right to mind. Everyone of my boyhood friends dads fought in WWII and those that were too young did their duty in Korea!

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
No they do not.

They are men and women of principle and courage and commitment, perhaps fewer in number but no different in this respect from those who fought before them.

They are committed patriots, not glib cynics.
This +++

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
No they do not.

They are men and women of principle and courage and commitment, perhaps fewer in number but no different in this respect from those who fought before them.

They are committed patriots, not glib cynics.
Whatever gives you the warm and fuzzies

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
Some kinda dust floating around here got in my eyes while watching that. Crazy irritating stuff too.
Thanks for posting
And thank you for your services!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Reactions: nybocce

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Every Veterans day I attend the Vietnam veterans ceremony at Eisenhower park @ the memorial area. Im proud to have my 2 children with me to show respect. I am sorry to say my 2 children are the only little ones in attendance. We have been going for at least 6 years now & the Vets always thank us for showing up & showing support.... They are thanking us...... But I feel its my duty to teach my children & show support & thank "them".... Not just on Vetetans day but EVERY DAY !!

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
That's one video that will NEVER get old to me. Thanks so much for posting. Time for a tissue.

Thank you LIF Veterans for all you've done for me, my family, my country...

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Now they fight for the best interest of rich folks
What have YOU done for my country? Sitting online taking shots at the military and cops on a gun forum does not count.

This was a wonderful video, and thank VietVet for posting it. He is one of the men they are talking about in the video. But you had to ruin it with your constant, "What else can you do for me" attitude.

You appear to be exactly OPPOSITE the men and women they are talking about in the video. That is why it doesn't have the same effect on you as it does most others here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have been taking my grandson to memorials all around L.I. since he was five. He is now 11 and when we are out driving and he see's one we haven't visited he makes me turn around. On Memorial Day , 4th of July and Veterans we make sure to pay our respects to those who have fought and died for our country. He now knows the price some have paid and the importance of honoring these people. He and I go to Calverton National Cemetary a few times a year to visit friends and family I have lost. He can find Navy Seal Lt. Micheal Murphy's resting place when I sometimes get lost. He know's how important it is when, he see's the tears in my eye's. That is the only time he ever see's me like that. Teach your children about sacrifice, no one else will.

And yes I am a proud Veteran.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts