Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was In one of the gun shops yesterday, when I inquired to how the transfer of a pistol would go. After the person explained it, I commented on how much of a big waste of time and money the new act is. This guy began to state well we have to stop all the guns coming up out of the south to supply the gang banger's. I interrupted him by informing him that of the last FBI/NYSP report I saw stated that of 100% of gun crimes committed, 45% of those guns were stolen from within NYS and the 59.9% were stolen from outside NYS. So tell me how what we are doing here is going to prevent 1 of those crimes. And on top of that NYS is the only state in the union that requires you to get a license and to excerise your 2nd Admendment right to a handgun, and requires to get a purchase document to get that hand gun. It's not like that in most of the other states. Most states you go in purchase handgun, fill out the Federal form, have your check done. Once passed they hand you your newly purchased handgun. That's it.
You've fallen for the perception that is the deception. You've precived that because politicians are passing laws to restrict me further and make it more difficult on me the law abiding citizen to get handgun. And deceived that when it has no affect that same politician going to pass more laws to make it more difficult on me the law abiding citizen. When it reality it's done nothing. I can see the gang banger with their stolen guns lining up at your door to request a background check to see if he can legally own that gat. Please...

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.