Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are watching tonite at 9pm - I will be the seller with the KISS gold record award for sale ! It was a lot of fun shooting the episode. I really can't say too much about it before it airs tonite. But if anyone has any question..I would be happy to answer. I obviously haven't seen the episode yet...Im hoping I don't look like a moron... : )

Attachments

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Is Chumley really that stupid?

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chumlee is not as stupid as he is on the show. And he was the nicest one at of all of them. The old man was a grumpy sob - didn't say 2 words to me.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I can take a guess what happened:

They show a pre-appraisal clip of you saying:
"I won't take less than $500"

-You walk in, they ask how much you want, you say "$500".
-They say "I'll give you $45.24"

They show a post-apprasial clip of you:
"I'm really happy getting $47.00" for it."

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Chumlee is not as stupid as he is on the show. And he was the nicest one at of all of them. The old man was a grumpy sob - didn't say 2 words to me.
That's what I've heard...wasn't sure though.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
I waited on line two years ago. It wasn't too long and it moved fast. The only person from TV I saw was the HGUE black armed guard. While we were in it hey emptied the store to film a scene.

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So did they hand you a script or was it truly off the cuff?
Some of these episodes you got to wonder.
No script...everything I said was my own words. The appraisal and negotiation is completely legit...if a price is agreed upon and a deal is made......then its a done deal.

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's 110 degrees on any given afternoon and the line could be down the block. Most of the time the guys from the show aren't even there. Your crazy if you wait on line.
I was talking to the head of security in between shooting...the guys you see on tv are in the shop almost everyday to shoot segements. If you waited on that long line you might catch one of them in the store...but for the most part they are there to shoot a tv show. With the exception of the old man - I think he is pretty much there all the time. He may not be helping people all the time - but def in his office running things.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts