Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this shop has been talked about already but I want to add my 2 cents.
I just brought a revolver from them and the experience was great. They let me browse and when I ask questions they answer them without a attitude. I was looking for another shop to do business with as the last shop I used suddenly needs an attitude adjustment and it was not a pleasure to do business there. I recommmend Hunter Sports and will be back. Also Suffolk Sportsman was great too but didn't have what I wanted at this time.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Thanks for the review!

·
Sharp Shooter!
300 Posts
My only complaint about Hunter Sports is they tend to be forgetful. I had used their FFL services to transfer a gun and ship it---on a "Next Day Delivery." About one week passes and I get a telephone call from the buyer in California----"where's the gun ?" A quick telly and a talk with whoever picked up---the answer was "Oops it's still here," of course my answer wasn't very moderated as I had paid a goodly sum for the transfer and THEY FORGOT IT?. Of course no apologies, they hung and said we'll take care of it. When I mentioned this to Mark he sheepishly acknowledged the screw up, but no apology. That was the last time I stepped in that store. 8)

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
ten ring said:
My only complaint about Hunter Sports is they tend to be forgetful. I had used their FFL services to transfer a gun and ship it---on a "Next Day Delivery." About one week passes and I get a telephone call from the buyer in California----"where's the gun ?" A quick telly and a talk with whoever picked up---the answer was "Oops it's still here," of course my answer wasn't very moderated as I had paid a goodly sum for the transfer and THEY FORGOT IT?. Of course no apologies, they hung and said we'll take care of it. When I mentioned this to Mark he sheepishly acknowledged the screw up, but no apology. That was the last time I stepped in that store. 8)
First welcome to LIF. Jump into the Welcome Mat, and post a new thread :)

Sad you had a bad expierence.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have had only great buying experiences with Hunter Sports. Sorry to hear about your experience Stevie, perhaps if you go back and tell them of your discontent, they will some how make it up to you.

No one wants an angry customer, especially one who is an administrator of the best firearms forum in New York!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
I didnt make the comment about the store...

But thanks for the 'best firearms forum in NY" comment :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I NEVER lie!

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
I just recently had a handgun transferred TO Hunter Sports from out of state. No problems and went in to pick it up from Mark. Had a good dealing with Mark and they will have my business until/unless they prove otherwise. During my transfer I also decided to pick up a .22 handgun as I had a second purchase document handy. I also looked at several other handguns and Mark answered any questions I had and was not pushing me to one make or another. Just explained the differences and pro's con's in a non bias manner. I'll be back!!

I just found this forum this week and it is exactly what is needed here in NY and especially Long Island. Keep up the great forum and if I can add anyhting I will.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
I agree...I've had nothing but good experiences there.  I've bought, sold, and transfered guns, and all were good experiences.  And just about everything he's got in stock is cheaper than Coliseum or T&T.  Mark has had the best ammo prices consistently over the last year or so...especially for anyone who frequents Coliseum...sometimes it's as much as a 25% savings at HunterSports.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I second that, this is definitely the best forum in NY  

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.