Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Condition Zero
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a Sig P229 in .40 S&W and a M&P 9mm.  I live in Eatons Neck so Campsite is the logical choice.  However, a few LEO buddies have said Hunter has better pricing.  I'm not worried about a few dollars either way, but if the pricing is significant enough I'll take the drive. I hear and read good things about Mark and Andy but I do like to deal with Shawn at Campsite. I hate shopping so if anyone has thoughts regarding these please advise.

·
Registered
521 Posts
[quote name='FULL METAL JACKET']Hunters website is pretty good check it out. Like you said, driving far to save a few bucks will be silly with gas at $4/gal.
Both places are class act establishments.

+1. I've bought from both establishments and they are some of the best on Long Island.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Rojo My Father told me a long time ago "Paul if all you paid was a dollar, then all it is worth is a dollar or less" You're a Cop then quality means dependability. This is what you need dependability Lives depend on it. Quality costs  Go for the quality

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been dealing with campsite for years and I have to say that they have always been FAIR and HONEST with their prices. Weather I was buying new or used they always did the best for me and I have never felt ripped off. LIke one person said"you pay for quality". Talk to the guys at campsite I am sure they will do the right thing.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hunter by far. Mark is a good guy and will point you in the right direction. Personally Hunter essentials gets my vote out of all of them. I went into Campsite about a week and a half ago (for my first time), I can't say my experience was bad, but the kid behind the counter where they had all the Mag Pul accessories and AR accessories seemed quite a bit toooo cocky for someone who is probably 18-21 and has absolutely zero experience in the field with any of the items he is preaching about. Go to Hunter.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Jonathan and Shawn are great guys. I have gotten some real nice stuff from them, and they are straight shooters. Never a hard sell, and if they don't know they don't try to BS you. I have dealt with many of the dealers on the Island, and campsite is the one shop that I always come back to.

I live in Northport, and I really appreciate having a good shop close.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I don't know much about Hunter . . . . but I really like Campsite.  I mostly deal with Paul there.  I do not know one way or the other if Campsite's prices are the absolute lowest . . . but i do believe they are very competitive.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i in ashroken myself and i love campsite ive bought all my buns from there wouldn't go anywhere else. also was there a fire out on the neck last weekend?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'm in East Northport,
I frequent Hunter and South Shore Sportsman more than Campsite.
I've purchased a bunch of stuff from Hunter and SSS and it was a pleasure every time. Never had to wait more than a couple of minutes before someone asked if I was being helped.

Haven't actually purchased anything from Campsite, not due to the price so much, due to the selection at the time, and availability of ammo.
They were pleasant to deal with when the place is not crowded.
If it's crowded you have to light yourself on fire to get any sort of help.

Again.. Just my observations and comparison..

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
FULL METAL JACKET said:
Hunters website is pretty good check it out. Like you said, driving far to save a few bucks will be silly with gas at $4/gal.
Both places are class act establishments.

http://www.huntersports.com/
This! There are quite a few other establishments out there that merit mention, but choosing between these two is tough

·
Registered
990 Posts
go on gallerof guns for a search the pistol-it will list who has them and what they are asking. The point is both of the stores are close in price so that shouldn't matter. Dealt with both never had a problem with either.
Personnally I must say Campsite.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
xdguy said:
go on gallerof guns for a search the pistol-it will list who has them and what they are asking. The point is both of the stores are close in price so that shouldn't matter. Dealt with both never had a problem with either.
Personnally I must say Campsite.
Some of the fallout of the Rice debacle is that Davidson's/Gun Genie dropped some of the shops.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.