Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I posted a negative thread, I definitely have to post a huge positive thread..
I dealt with Mark at Hunter Sports for my Glock 22 trade-in and Glock 19 purchase.
He was a pleasure to deal with.
Offered up a great deal on the Glock 19 and even swapped out the NYPD trigger back to stock for free.

I highly recommend his shop.

My friend purchased an NYPD S&W trade-in, and he had great results as well.
The price was really good, and the quality was great.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
We so often hear the downside, it is refreshing to hear the good stories as well. So many gun shops, so little time, the more we post, the more we know before we buy gas, ya know?

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Hunter Sports :good I have bought some items from them and had great dealings with Mark. Problem I find is when Mark is not in it's a bit difficult dealing with the other guys. Not sure why, I guess Mark has a much more welcoming attitude. I still leave the shop happy .. even though I keep leaving money in there. :)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I've bought a lot of stuff there too, probably 4 guns and an equal amount of AR lowers. Prices are okay, but better at other places. Mark is very knowledgeable and an upbeat guy. Always had good dealings and positive vibes there.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
nyguns said:
Hunter Sports :good I have bought some items from them and had great dealings with Mark. Problem I find is when Mark is not in it's a bit difficult dealing with the other guys. Not sure why, I guess Mark has a much more welcoming attitude. . :)
I have noting but great things to say about Hunter Sports also.

I think Mark is the owner. He should be nice LOL.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
I've been to most shops on the island over the past years.
I'm always looking for price and what's in stock, but to me customer service is what will bring me back.
Hunter is a good shop and Mark, although a bit rushed ALL the time will give you a square deal and good info.
Bought 2 from him over the past couple of years.
Next purchase is going to be (finally) a good scope.
And no, I don't care what my wife says - lol.
I'll definitely give Hunter a shot at my optic dollars.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another +1 for Mark at Hunter.
Friday, dropped him a call and asked if he had glock 36 mags in stock. He went to check and told me to call back.
I just ended up showing there anyway. He had two mags sitting on the counter waiting for me. :)
I ended up buying a new mag and a +1 base.
He even had another salesman install it for me on the spot. Rock on!!
I was dreading the pain in the ass installation of a +1 base on a brand new g36 mag. I've been hearing that it's a tough install.
They knocked it out in a couple of minutes and I was on my way.

So definitely another great purchase from Mark.

Thanks again!
Ken

·
Registered
116 Posts
Newbie here, Just wanted to give Hunter a bug thumbs up. When we got my wife her permit, I had to got called into work when she needed to do the yaphank run. He was very helpful to her and explained in very simple for women to understand exactly what needed to be done. Even the old guy in the store was good to deal with.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
nyguns said:
Hunter Sports :good I have bought some items from them and had great dealings with Mark. Problem I find is when Mark is not in it's a bit difficult dealing with the other guys
Any idea when Mark is usually in? I've been there a number of times and yet to meet him.

G

·
Mark runs from yaphank to massapequa, Most of the weekend I seen him in yaphank, Mark used to be rought around the edges, But really have warmed up.

The only thing I disliked when dealing with him was price, He does not like to make deals.

Before he took over yaphank I used to buy all my skeet rds there, after yaphank he raised his prices too much. He does stock pelican cases, Which I bought two from hime already.

They also have the sweetest yellow lab in the store sometimes.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
nyguns said:
Hunter Sports :good I have bought some items from them and had great dealings with Mark. Problem I find is when Mark is not in it's a bit difficult dealing with the other guys. Not sure why, I guess Mark has a much more welcoming attitude. I still leave the shop happy .. even though I keep leaving money in there. :)
this is true sometimes. They were more amicable before they took over running Suffolk Trap and skeet

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I actually met Mark when he worked for Jimmy at Merrick Sportsman many years ago. Bought a few guns from them. Since then I bought a few things here and there when he was on Babylon Tpke. Always a fair deal. I do most of my gun buys online, so I havent ever been to the Massapequa store. Funny, because I live 5 min from there.
Tom

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
nyguns said:
Hunter Sports :good I have bought some items from them and had great dealings with Mark. Problem I find is when Mark is not in it's a bit difficult dealing with the other guys. ...
I too have had my dealings with Hunter Sports. I bought my first handgun there when they were in Merrick on Babylon Turnpike. I even bought a Stack-On gun cabinet from Mark there too. Mark threw the thing into his truck and dropped it off at my house -- no charge! Excellent service. Mark is a great guy. A+ in my book.

The downside is that when Mark is not there everything goes to Hell in a hand basket. I have walked out of his several times disappointed and frustrated by the attitude of his assistants. I have recommended the place to several people over the years looking for high end firearms. Unfortunately it has only come back to bite me since Mark was not there and the person I recommended left mad. I tell people if Mark is not there in the store then come back when he is otherwise you are going to be disappointed.

I stop in from time to time to pick something small up like gun cleaning brushes or Hoppe's or if South Shore Sportsman (a really great place) does not have it. I still notice the extremes in the attitudes when he is in the shop and when he is not there. It is sad to say but true -- only shop Hunter Sports when Mark is in the store.

I know that several people have informed Mark about the situation. It certainly has been well documented here. I'm not sure why the situation has not changed. There has to be reason.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Its important that hired staff promote a postive appearance on the store.  This is the problem for MOST store owners.

·
Registered
607 Posts
+1 for Mark and Hunter Sports.  Great store, very knowledgable, I have bought several guns and supplies from them, and will do so again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great Place!!!  Mark was nothing but helpful and PLEASANT!! unlike a bunch of others.  As a first time handgun buyer I couldn't have gone to a better place.  

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
The Architect said:
Its important that hired staff promote a postive appearance on the store. This is the problem for MOST store owners.
The original store in Merrick,Mark had a gentleman who was always in the store not an employee possibly a partner, He was retired from Corrections, he certainly helped Marks business by helping customers out.He reminds me of Hank from T&T

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.