Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supreme Pontificator
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday marked my first visit to Hunter Sports. I purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 15FT through Gun Genie several days before and selected Hunter Sports for delivery. Frankly, I chose Hunter based upon price and proximity. Only Camp-Site offered a better deal, but I live a mere 10 minutes west of Hunter. After making my selection I read some rather negative things about Hunter in another thread that might have caused me to make the trip to Camp-Site. However, the deposit was down and my M&P 15FT was already in transit. Happily, my dealings with Hunter turned out to be pleasant. Jimmy and Tom (I think his name was Tom) were working the counter and both were very friendly. Beyond a minor glitch with the instant check due to an accidental mistroke on the mouse pad, the transaction was efficient. Assuming the price is right, I intend to use them again for any future Gun Genie buy or other transactions via the internet.

Though I cannot speak to some of the issues raised in the other thread about their knowledge, this is only due to the fact that I did not have any questions. My purchase was already made and my experience with M4's and M16's leaves me at ease with all things AR related. However, they seemed to be on top of things on a hectic day with several other customers about and asking questions. As for attitude, they get an A+ from me. A stark contrast from places like T&T in Seaford where they look at you with contempt and distrust like you are drifter walking into a post apocalyptic swap meet.

A note on Gun Genie ... the FT I purchased was on sale at the time and with tax included the total cost came to nearly 575 off MSRP. Not a bad deal.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Good to hear.

Welcome to the site; stop by the Welcome Mat and say hello :)

Thanks for donating and support the forum.

All these threads are opinions, you yourself need to visit the location and make your own opinion.

TIP: Start flashing the "GOLD CARD" around when you get it ;)

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Colfaulkner said:
where they look at you with contempt and distrust like you are drifter walking into a post apocalyptic swap meet.
Love that one, gotta write it down!

Welcome on board! Glad it worked out well for you, and thanks for the review!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.