Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A job well done for Hunter Sports. The turnout was exceptional! Many LIFer's were there and met a lot of new folks who didn't know about LIF.

Hats off to Hunter Sports.

:applaud

I think the question is........

When's the next one? :p

How many people made a purchase or will be making a purchase due to this event?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Definitely good guys in Hunter Sports, been in there a few times and bought my GSG from them. I'd love to see something with carbines/rifles/shotguns etc. so us folks without a pistol license can have a chance to see what's out there :(

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
I heard it was nice - some stuff wasnt NY compliant yet but the manufacturers expect them to be ready soon and some of my friends are interested, nice event for the island.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Had a great time and brought a friend with a permit but no gun yet - he'll be buying soon (he's the guy who hogged the Kimber pro-carry for a LONG time, only to realize that he enjoyed shooting smaller calibers much more when they asked for the gun back and I forced him to try something else!).

I enjoyed the opportunity to try out all sorts of stuff I've been thinking of, should I ever get a magical carry permit. Until that day, however, I'll be sticking with my full-sized, steel 1911.

I woould definately go if they did it again!

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
tatz45cal said:
very nice guys there they helped me with my glock 22 issues i had with the gen 4 model and told me exactly what to do
OK, I'll bite: what were the issues, and what's the fix?

Just curious.

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
ok  before you replace the slide onto the frame you have to push trigger bar foward so trigger resets  if you dont the slide goes on a little off line and thats why i had the spring fly out aftr  a few rounds awhile back  havent checked to see if it really is that but i trust the guy from glocks  word

·
Registered
990 Posts
Worst part-too many choices Hunter did a good job, they really didn't rip you off with the ammo prices and had plenty of help.  Now the Sig P226-E2 or the HK P30 long ?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
yup, good job, definately worth attending!...was a little bummed that none of the 4 guns I've narrowed down to were there...glock 20, 26 and s&w 329 w/night force & 329pd....was able to try the 357 version though for both smiths...very interesting results! ...the 1st one I tried had 2 no fires out of the first 3 rounds! ammo or gun?? either way, very unacceptable! (yes primers were hit, hard to to how hard...) 2nd, the trigger in the next smith was so bad, when I showed they S&W guy, he immediately pulled it off the table and put away in a box, believe it some how got out of timing....so, you would think I've eliminated those two choices but I was suprised at how little recoil in those light 357 guns there was....Met some LIFers, all good folk!....I didn't buy anything but a buddy I brought paid for a kimber pro carry with laser, pickin' up tuesday night!
oh yea, all the guys I dealt with (that were volunteers from I think long island tactical, or something like that) were pretty cool and helpful

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
It was nice to have a local opportunity to try out a pistol or two before purchase.  I really liked the P2000SK but, not sure if I can justify the price.  The Glock Gen 4 model 19 was a winner.  I wasn't considering but, easy to shoot and pricing reasonable.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Planned on going. Wanted to go. Had HK in mind, and still do.
Family issues came up and couldn't get there.
The fact that Mark hosted this event has me thinking he needs to be shown it's appreciated.
I'm sure it took a lot of effort to put together.
He'll be seeing me again shortly.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I just went and purchased some cleaning supplies and wanted to say thank you for the demo day.  I mentioned I heard about it on this forum; not looking for a discount but, thought he should know.  Mark said he already has a date for next May that will include all of this years vendors plus FN, Springfield, and Kimber.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
LI Homergq said:
I just went and purchased some cleaning supplies and wanted to say thank you for the demo day. I mentioned I heard about it on this forum; not looking for a discount but, thought he should know. Mark said he already has a date for next May that will include all of this years vendors plus FN, Springfield, and Kimber.
Very Nice..

It was truly a great event. Happy Springfield will attending next year.

·
Accurizer
887 Posts
LI Homergq said:
I just went and purchased some cleaning supplies and wanted to say thank you for the demo day. I mentioned I heard about it on this forum; not looking for a discount but, thought he should know. Mark said he already has a date for next May that will include all of this years vendors plus FN, Springfield, and Kimber.
Kimber was there this year.

It was a pretty good event. H&K, Kahr and S&W probably had the best selections. The offerings from Glock, Kimber and Beretta were decent. The one big disappointment for me was what Sig brought: one P226 and 2 non-AWB compliant 556s. Way to rub it in our faces :eek:

Of the reps, i found all of them to be pretty good and knowledgeable except the S&W guy. He seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else. I also didn't like the fact that S&W made everyone sign a waiver, whereas everyone else let you shoot without paperwork.

I was looking for a subcompact and a medium-sized .40 cal. I'd hoped that Sig would have a 229, but no such luck. I did shoot the USP compact and Glock 23 in .40 cal. I'd already shot the H&K in PA (bro has one, along with a pile of other stuff), but I'd never shot a Glock before. I have to say I was fairly impressed. I didn't like the looks of it (and still don't), but it fit my hand perfectly, cycled well, and I was dead-on with it from the outset at 10/15 yards.

Of the subcompacts, I only tried the Kahr PM9. Decent mousegun. I've never had a chance to shoot a Rohrbaugh R9, but I was sufficiently pleased with the PM9 that I'd probably have a hard time justifying the additional expense of a Rohrbaugh. I won't be carrying on anything like a regular basis (in NYS, anyway), so it's more of a novelty than a need. I took a look at the S&W airweight (340 PD?) but didn't fire it. The notion of firing even .38 special +p in something like that (much less .357) doesn't seem very appealing. The wholesaler who was there (not the S&W rep) said he has yet to see any of the new Bodyguard models ship.

The one other pistol I tried out was the Kimber Ultra Carry. I've always liked that one, and the design changes from a standard-size 1911 seem well-thought out and engineered (e.g. double recoil spring). Still, it isn't much smaller than a standard 1911! I like Kimber's workmanship (and own one), but--from a marketing perspective--I don't get the point of making so many different 1911s. Sure, it's nice to have options, but 40+ of them?

Kudos to Mark @ Hunter for setting it up. Very informative and useful.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
The Architect said:
A job well done for Hunter Sports. The turnout was exceptional! Many LIFer's were there and met a lot of new folks who didn't know about LIF.

Hats off to Hunter Sports.

:applaud

I think the question is........

When's the next one? :p

How many people made a purchase or will be making a purchase due to this event?
+1

Yes Hats off to Hunter Sports.
Had a great time.
Picked up the HK P30 from them yesterday as a result of test firing it at the event.
Mark couldn't have been nicer. Also mentioned that Taurus will also be represented next year and it will be in May. (He has a date picked out, but I don't remember it) Really anxious to try out a "judge"

Dov

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
A very nice job by Hunter Sports.  +++++1.  Was aiming to try a Glock 19, too bad it wasn't there.  However, I did try a Kahr K9 and it's now on my list :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.