Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a hunter so I haven't been paying attention to classes, however my cousin just asked If I am aware of any classes he wants to bring his two sons (over 18) to. So if you are aware of any local to the Patchogue area, Thanks

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
Contact Papa Bear. My son (11) and my husband (behaves like he is 11) just took Hunters' Training with Papa Bear as instructor and loved it. I believe it was held at Islip range.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
This time of year it's really difficult to get into a class. Everyone waits to the last minute to do it to get their license before the season opens, myself included. I got lucky a couple years back with Papabear giving the course at campsite when two two slots opened up.
Best bet is call around from course listings on the DEC site for anyone who might have cancelations or perhaps an added class.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info a couple of leads I'll tell him about, and hey last minute that's what you get right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.