Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just filled out fla non resident application. i know i have to go 2 local precinct for fingerprints and exact change. and make sure they sign and address reverse side of card . all i need to find out is where can i get a hunter course thanks again this site is very helpful  gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just filled out fla non resident application. i know i have to go 2 local precinct for fingerprints and exact change. and make sure they sign and address reverse side of card . all i need to find out is where can i get a hunter course thanks again this site is very helpful  gary

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Hunter safety or any NRA firearms safety class will work.  I used my  NRA Basic Pistol class certificate for my application.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Hunter safety or any NRA firearms safety class will work.  I used my  NRA Basic Pistol class certificate for my application.

·
Registered
765 Posts
What do you need to show for the hunter safety course?  I took mine ~25 years ago and lost the paper work years ago.  Is a current hunting lisence valid since you need the hunter safety course to get one?

·
Registered
765 Posts
What do you need to show for the hunter safety course?  I took mine ~25 years ago and lost the paper work years ago.  Is a current hunting lisence valid since you need the hunter safety course to get one?

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
bdevaux said:
What do you need to show for the hunter safety course? I took mine ~25 years ago and lost the paper work years ago. Is a current hunting lisence valid since you need the hunter safety course to get one?
No, a current license is not valid. But, if you took the course 25 years ago, you might be in the computer. Try calling the DEC at 1(800)HUNT-ED2.

I took my class 29 years ago, and they found both, me and my wife in the system. I got 2 new hunter safety certificates a few days later.

·
12,115 Posts
bdevaux said:
What do you need to show for the hunter safety course? I took mine ~25 years ago and lost the paper work years ago. Is a current hunting lisence valid since you need the hunter safety course to get one?
No, a current license is not valid. But, if you took the course 25 years ago, you might be in the computer. Try calling the DEC at 1(800)HUNT-ED2.

I took my class 29 years ago, and they found both, me and my wife in the system. I got 2 new hunter safety certificates a few days later.

·
1000th member
1,203 Posts
If you are a Vet,,your dd214 will do..Florida loves Vets....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will try to call that number tomorrow thanks again   one more question  i have a big game deer/bear from 1989-93   havent been hunting since can i get a big game permit with old license   thanks  gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will try to call that number tomorrow thanks again   one more question  i have a big game deer/bear from 1989-93   havent been hunting since can i get a big game permit with old license   thanks  gary

·
12,115 Posts
Do you have your old license/backtag ?? If so, yes. Absolutely no problem at all.

If you don't, you should still be in the new system.

·
12,115 Posts
Do you have your old license/backtag ?? If so, yes. Absolutely no problem at all.

If you don't, you should still be in the new system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i callled and they had no record of me even though i just got my 2010 hunting tag . guess i have to take class again any in nassau county

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i callled and they had no record of me even though i just got my 2010 hunting tag . guess i have to take class again any in nassau county

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I'm doing a class last one for the season in November at the camp site sport shop I have no idea how many are in this class call and see if there is room
Papabear

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I'm doing a class last one for the season in November at the camp site sport shop I have no idea how many are in this class call and see if there is room
Papabear

1 - 20 of 26 Posts