Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11/18/2022 5:15 p.m.

A judge in Northern Westchester has been disciplined for attempting to use his status to influence the approval of a pistol license for his neighbors.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I think one of the reasons Suffolk doesn't allow you to use a relative or friend that is a LEO as a reference is to avoid any allegations that their position in law enforcement influenced the licensing decision. I'd be interested to know the reason for the denial.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I think one of the reasons Suffolk doesn't allow you to use a relative or friend that is a LEO as a reference is to avoid any allegations that their position in law enforcement influenced the licensing decision. I'd be interested to know the reason for the denial.
That is partially true, or should I say a benefit of it. The other motivator is that practically everyone in the damn world especially on the Island knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who is active/retired/in the PLB/commanding officer of such and such. You'd have literally hundreds of people looking to pull strings and they would get all tangled. lol

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
It is also to prevent a lawsuit in the event a cop signed a reference and that person used it to commit a heinous crime. This policy is statewide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts