Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"This procedure, technically called a cricothyroidotomy, should be undertaken only when a
person with a throat obstruction is not able to breathe at all - no gasping sounds, no
coughing - and only after you have attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver three times
without dislodging the obstruction. If possible, someone should call for paramedics while
you proceed."

Go to site for procedure: http://www.tracheostomy.com/resources/surgery/emergency.htm

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Just get Radar O'Reilly and Father Mulcahy, they've done it before.

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Just thinking of the MASH episode myself. Hawkeye, Trapper, BJ, Henry.....they were all dems. Ferret face was the only Republican.
If you're talking about characters rather than the actors, I think Hot Lips was a Republican. At least in the beginning.

As for the actors, I think Wayne Rogers is the only Conservative in the bunch.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
there was a doctor who performed frontals through the eye socket with a skewer . He was doing 20 or so a day , some at Pilgrim state .
Oh? HOW? the frontal lobe, the one you scramble to perform a lobotomy, is ABOVE the eye socket... he'd have to drill UP. (gimme a name, now I'm curious)

...I used to read the strangest things - actually studied the procedure when I was like 11... It was typically done by drilling two holes on either side temples, about an inch above the outer end of your eyebrows - and a rod was threaded through or just inserted and stirred. (Martini anyone?) until the subject's behavior was adjusted....

Very iffy deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.