Long Island Shooters Forum banner

How olds your bow

4K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  max123 
#1 ·
i know alot of archers buy a new bow like every year or two. i've shot compound bow on and off and have an opportunity to get a older high end bow on barter. i've shot the bow before and it shots great and do to certain circumstanes($) its a good deal. was just curious if any one shots a older model bow.

#2 ·
i know alot of archers buy a new bow like every year or two. i've shot compound bow on and off and have an opportunity to get a older high end bow on barter. i've shot the bow before and it shots great and do to certain circumstanes($) its a good deal. was just curious if any one shots a older model bow.

#4 ·
I bought a 1980's Browning compound from one of the guys here. Made out of old fashioned wood and fiberglass laminate. Shoots great as far as I'm concerned, but I shoot it in the back yard and I'm a newbie bow shooter, so what do I know. Works great with carbon arrows.

#3 ·
I bought a 1980's Browning compound from one of the guys here. Made out of old fashioned wood and fiberglass laminate. Shoots great as far as I'm concerned, but I shoot it in the back yard and I'm a newbie bow shooter, so what do I know. Works great with carbon arrows.

#6 ·
Mad Russian said:
That wouldn't be a mag reflex, would it? I have one somwhere, and a (Bear or Hoyt, can't remember) 1950's 3pc takedown recurve that is a beautiful bow, I think is in my ex's attic. Making a mental note to go rescue that.

#5 ·
Mad Russian said:
That wouldn't be a mag reflex, would it? I have one somwhere, and a (Bear or Hoyt, can't remember) 1950's 3pc takedown recurve that is a beautiful bow, I think is in my ex's attic. Making a mental note to go rescue that.

#7 ·
I bought a person spoiler in the late 80's still shoot it might not be as fast as today's bows but it still accrete as heck
papabear

#8 ·
I bought a person spoiler in the late 80's still shoot it might not be as fast as today's bows but it still accrete as heck
papabear

#11 ·
2002 Martin and still knocking them over year after year.  ;D

#12 ·
2002 Martin and still knocking them over year after year.  ;D

#20 ·
My standard for bow longevity has always been about 6 or 7 years. Its not for any particular reason it has just seemed to work out that way.
I always keep my last bow up and running as a backup. All my retired bows could go back to the front line and pick up where they left off.
As long as its been taken care of you should have no worries.

I actually find it kind of sad to retire a bow, the time spent shooting it, the amount of hours it spent in your hand, the trophies it help take down...I think im going to cuddle with my High Country Royal Hunter during the game today(all 9 pounds of it, man that thing was heavy).

#19 ·
My standard for bow longevity has always been about 6 or 7 years. Its not for any particular reason it has just seemed to work out that way.
I always keep my last bow up and running as a backup. All my retired bows could go back to the front line and pick up where they left off.
As long as its been taken care of you should have no worries.

I actually find it kind of sad to retire a bow, the time spent shooting it, the amount of hours it spent in your hand, the trophies it help take down...I think im going to cuddle with my High Country Royal Hunter during the game today(all 9 pounds of it, man that thing was heavy).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.