Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I have to ask. Is there a place on the island that offers a course in gunsmithing? I have my GI Bill that I need to use and I figured that would be something pretty cool try out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Semper Fi

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
Go to B&N and look at the magazine section. Find a couple of gun magazines. Look through the back of them. There are usually several ads for gunsmith schools and programs and certifications. I am not sure which ones are good but at least it will get you started. I would also search on Google as well.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
OK did some looking for you. The one school that keeps popping up is Penn  Foster Univ. Unfortunately the resident campus is in Scotsdale AZ I heard of one in NC so I'll look some more  I'll get back to you

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I was wrong Penn Foster is also in PA near Philly This is a resident campus  None in New York, but that's to be expected Word of advice Take the resident course there is far too much to learn about Gun Smithing to mess with "on line"  Lot's of Luck. Did you get out of the Marines recently?

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, Thanks. I have to do little more research. All I found that was sort of useful was AGI DVDs. I got out in 2007 and have a few years left before my GI Bill benefits expire. I figured with my love for guns, this would be something pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Good luck with this and thanks for your service.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The question is where do you want to set-up business? NY is highly unfriendly to gunsmiths in insurance, liability and legal codes; not to mention zoning and environmental/HAZMAT regulations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.