Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some ways to know for sure if a Remington 700 is a true BDL, not an ADL that was converted with a BDL stock? Do BDL's always have a jeweled bolt? I have what i think may be a conversion rifle that I got used. It has a BDL stock for sure, hinged floor plate, but no jeweled bolt and the stock doesn't fit properly and was poorly modified to get the action in (it seems).

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
The ADL usually has no floorplate at all.

You may have a BDL with a crappy (by your description) restock job.

Pictures might help.

·
12,115 Posts
LiftToFill said:
I know but I think it may have been converted to have a floorplate. (They have kits for it).
So, is the stock ill fitting only around the floorplate?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T.Webb said:
So, is the stock ill fitting only around the floorplate?
No, it's a BDL stock and I beleive an aftermarket floorplate with an ADL action/barrel and there seems to have been some crappy dremel work in the rear of the stock above where the rear screw goes in behind the trigger guard.

·
12,115 Posts
LiftToFill said:
No, it's a BDL stock and I beleive an aftermarket floorplate with an ADL action/barrel and there seems to have been some crappy dremel work in the rear of the stock above where the rear screw goes in behind the trigger guard.
post some pics

·
12,115 Posts
Is it possible that the screw was just loose while the gun was being fired and the loose screw did its own damage to the wooden stock ?? But like I said, without pictures, I'm just guessing here.

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Does it have a checkered bolt handle?

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
LiftToFill said:
Factory BDLs usually have a checkered bolt handle as well as a jeweled bolt body. They also have a recessed target crown.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.