Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ok, I bought a house she's a sandy victim, and I'm ready to lift this thing I have plans and pulled the permits already. Does anyone have any experience with house lifters. I have one guy I think I trust. And met another guy who is a goverment scam artist. Id like to get at least one more guy that is legit for a comparison. All feed back good and bad is greatly appreciated.
Some points of interest
I am a lic. contractor
This is a cash deal no fema aid or hold ups.
House is located in lindenhurst

I know I should have moved down south but since I have to stay I want to look at the water from my yard.
Water Sky Plant Building Tree

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
looks close to where my ex girlfriend lives. do not let the big boobs and interest in guns fool you, she is a psycho....

her parents had their house lifted along with many of the neighbors. introduce yourself to some neighbors and see who they had it done with and if they liked it. there are lots of houses in the area that had good work and bad work done to them. i am sure many would be happy to share their experience.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Destro - nuff said.

.................and enjoy your waterfront property you lucky dog.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
Destro - nuff said.

.................and enjoy your waterfront property you lucky dog.
Beat me to it.

And yeah, since we just had "the storm of the century", you should be okay for about 97 years.

Look around the neighborhood and see who's got houses up on cribbing. Look in Babylon too. Talk around and get estimates. Some of the prices I've heard aren't as shocking as I would have thought.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I'll give a call to a few of them. Yeah storm of the century global warming oh no. No worries I'll be long dead in 97 years, that or he goverment will have long taken my property and given it to someone more deserving. Also, I already have fiancé who has all those attributes. No need to meet your ex. All the neighborhoods issues storms and pyshcos do not bother me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also thanks for fixing the picture.....

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
too bad he's not around anymore:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Is this why my estimate for a fence was so high?

Let me reach out to my wife's cousin who is an architect doing a ton of NY Rising work. He's worked with a bunch of the guys lifting the houses.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FEMA doesn't cover this deal it's coming out of my own pocket. FEMA will only pay if you are 51% damaged for a primary residence and need to be the original owner. I am not the original owner so no fema "help"its all legit contract wise and still Needs to be signed off by the town.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is this why my estimate for a fence was so high?

Let me reach out to my wife's cousin who is an architect doing a ton of NY Rising work. He's worked with a bunch of the guys lifting the houses.
No your fence estimate is high because every time I go to Huntington, I end up at campsite. And every time i end up at campsite. Haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.