Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to the sheriffs office yesterday and picked up the forms for the 5 easternmost towns to start the process of getting my permit like I've been saying I was going to do for awhile.

My only problem seems to be with nassau county and getting dispositions for a couple of tickets I had received in 2012. Can anyone point in the right direction for getting dispositions for these? Ideally I'd like to request by mail

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
traffic court (you said "tickets" I presume you meant traffic tickets)- but it's iffy - they are lousy at recordkeeping, and less than helpful is being too nice.

You should just suck it up and go - Nassau has proven itself worthless and incompetent on getting things right so you're better off going in person.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just go to DMV and get an abstract of your driving record, for the last 5 years. That's what I did and just stapled it to my application. I had one ticket but couldn't remember the date etc. doing what I just said, solves all the problems with that part.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
Just need to pontificate again, but this is another of those useless application steps that have no investigational purpose other than to unconstitutionally burden the applicant time wise and financially (driving abstract is minimum of $7) in an attempt to deter those thinking about getting a license.

Nobody's driving record short of a felony DWI disqualifies you from your civil right to own a handgun. Further, no matter what you provide or disclose to them they can and will run their own DMV on you, so this step is just stupid or intentionally obstructive.

Reactions: loadingdockman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts