Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
Joined
·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I'm off from work, and I want to buy a couple of handguns. (A Mark III and a Glock)

Do the local (Town of Brookhaven) gun stores have flex in their listed prices?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,504 Posts
A little are you buying cash or credit.

CASH IS KING STILL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,504 Posts
Two at one store at the same time if they are not willing to work with you then go to some one that will. Your talking a grand thats alot of coin.
 

·
SUPER STAR
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
I have bought 2 used guns and there was a bunch of wiggle room. On a new retail I am not sure.....you might see a couple of % off if you ask nicely. Good luck.
 

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
Joined
·
22,005 Posts
Before heading out, troll the web, auction sites, large retailers, etc. Just to get an idea. The markup has to be in the 30-40% range. Guns are a low volume business, so the margins have to be high.
 

·
INFIDEL
Joined
·
7,263 Posts
I shop around for the best prices. Suffolk shooting supply in Yaphank usually has the best price and then some,  They are usually my last stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,630 Posts
Bridge said:
Next week I'm off from work, and I want to buy a couple of handguns. (A Mark III and a Glock)

Do the local (Town of Brookhaven) gun stores have flex in their listed prices?
New or Used ? a member here may have something that would fit your needs. Great you want to buy local and support the local merchant. Internet has shipping and FFL fees, so factor that in as well.
 

·
115:5
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Mad Russian said:
The markup has to be in the 30-40% range. Guns are a low volume business, so the margins have to be high.
I can't speak for stores down here, but the one a relative worked at (north of NYC) they made 10% on new guns, and 15% on accessories etc..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,630 Posts
Mad Russian said:
Before heading out, troll the web, auction sites, large retailers, etc. Just to get an idea. The markup has to be in the 30-40% range. Guns are a low volume business, so the margins have to be high.
Agreed Cas, I dont know any business makes a 30-40% markup any longer in this economy. Overhead of a brick and mortar building is high, taxes are high, money being spent low. After carefully shopping the internet, and all the fees involved in shipping and FFL , I would be very surprised if the difference is that tremendous over buying locally. The advice and knowledge of talking to a live body, is worth the small differential in price.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top