·
Premium Member
584 Posts
wonder how the shoulder would hold up after a few mags going through it

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
wonder how the shoulder would hold up after a few mags going through it
I presume this was more of a "because I can" project and I have to give him props on that account, and creative writing style. Quality of work is a little more like junk sculpture than gunsmithing, but he realizes that so it's all good.

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
repost.

but notice the grouping? he solved the barrel whip and receiver flex by using both a super thick barrel and receiver. and he made it out of a SHOVEL.

proof the AK is the most superior platform ever conceived, you can literally make it out of junk and it will outshoot an AR and still not jam.

·
Noncompliant
2,068 Posts
I suddenly foresee a trend of AK builds made from random crap.

Reactions: m1lk

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
The moral of the story is that anyone can make an AK out of anything. Anything that goes wrong with an AK can be fixed with a hammer, and whatever can't be fixed with a hammer can be fixed with a larger hammer....

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... he made it out of a SHOVEL...you can literally make it out of junk and it will outshoot an AR and still not jam.
I think that was the point behind the entire project ... in a scenario where all firearms are banned and there is a sudden need to arm oneself: what are you going to build, AR or an AK? This project answered this question and then some.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think that was the point behind the entire project ... in a scenario where all firearms are banned and there is a sudden need to arm oneself: what are you going to build, AR or an AK? This project answered this question and then some.
Pistol caliber tube gun is the easiest to build and least demanding for factory parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts