Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved and rather than try to move or buy a new safe, I wanted to convert a small closet into a safe/gun room. Has anybody done this? I would like to get a secure door that somewhat matches the rest of the interior doors in the house. Any ideas? Input?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I did it in my house. It was a linen closet, replaced the hinges with "fast" hinges. There is no pin to remove so you cant take the door off the hinge. The one thing I wanted to do was to put a steel plate covering the inside of the door so you couldn't just take an ax to it. There are also plenty of lock ideas to make it hard to get into

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Do you own the house or should say will you own in in about 360 or less payments?

If it's a rental, may be tough to do, but if you own....you can look into vault doors, they're not all that expensive considering......but thinking you would want a bigger room for them to be worthwhile.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If i was robbing a house and came across a locked closet i would think something good was in there and do everything i can to open it

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
If i was robbing a house and came across a locked closet i would think something good was in there and do everything i can to open it
Yeah, I would secure it well AND conceal it. I love hidden openings - your average burglar would never find it to attempt to break in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.