Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nimble Navigator
890 Posts
But that will never happen, that only happens in right-wing nut Conservative fever dreams!! You are more likely to shoot yourself or one of your children than for 3 white bad guys to come storming into your house.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Why did he have to shoot the first guy 4 times?

Clearly he didn't know what he was doing, or was paniced firing wildly. Lucky he didn't shoot his kids or neighbour's children!

And he didn't give the guy time to surrender or reconsider what he was doing.

Just 2 shots in the air would have scared them away!

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I have seen video's of shootouts where dozens of rounds are fired from mere feet away and no one is hit. This includes police involved shootings. This aint the movies and Riggs(Mel Gibson) doesnt exist in real life.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I know its fiction, but you notice the bad guys picked the house that had little/poor front door lighting?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why did he have to shoot the first guy 4 times?

Clearly he didn't know what he was doing, or was paniced firing wildly. Lucky he didn't shoot his kids or neighbour's children!

And he didn't give the guy time to surrender or reconsider what he was doing.

Just 2 shots in the air would have scared them away!
They made it a point to show that the skells in the video were smoking crack or something before they were headed in to rob the family. I don't know if a couple shots in the air would do it. I mean granted the guy at the end took a shot in the gut and wasnt phased ( lol that was definitely a stretch) bottom line there IS a good point here. I would rather have a larger magazine capacity and God willing never have to use it on a threat, than need it and not have it, then again a mossberg 500 would only need 4 slugs and the video would have just said " wrong house MotherF%@ker

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
I have seen video's of shootouts where dozens of rounds are fired from mere feet away and no one is hit. This includes police involved shootings. This aint the movies and Riggs(Mel Gibson) doesnt exist in real life.
Next time you hit the range - set a target out 7 yards..... then while screaming "get out of my house!" "stop, I'll shoot!" etc. empty the gun.

You'll probably miss every shot.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Next time you hit the range - set a target out 7 yards..... then while screaming "get out of my house!" "stop, I'll shoot!" etc. empty the gun.

You'll probably miss every shot.
Would be nice if we could use human silhouettes too.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
Would be nice if we could use human silhouettes too.
A blank, 8.5x11 sheet of paper is a good approximation of center-mass at 10 yards or less.... But remember bullseye trains you to line up the sights and place your shots where you want them. If you're just training on silhouettes you're more likely to be sloppy with all the mechanics of aim, squeeze, etc.

Reactions: LiDad

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
How many guns do I need filled to capacity to fight off the threat? OK I'll load em all. That could take some time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
problem solved!

Reactions: Johnnyeye

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
How many guns do I need filled to capacity to fight off the threat? OK I'll load em all. That could take some time.
Keep in mind in NYS you can only buy 2x capacity once every 90 days, it will be awhile......

·
Registered
626 Posts
This is also a PSA as to the proper training of all members of the family. Guy knocks on my door at night like that with a firearm I won't be the only one pointing my firearm at him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts