Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Hickok45 Colt Defender Review

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mossy930spx 
#1 ·

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
That frame is completely unacceptable to me- if I got shipped a gun like that, Colt would be getting it right back.

It's obviously a new gun since there are no witness marks on the grip safety, but besides the grip screw that's backed off,you can see (thanks to the HD video closeup) that the frame is chowed by the safety, and all along above the slide stop. If it looks like that on the outside, I'm wondering about the inside- gun just came off my "WTB" list.

Since I also have a pretty good idea Hickock and those Youtube revieweres get sent hand-picked guns as "samples" rather than taking whatever is on the shelf of the LGS, this gives me little faith in Colt's QC- granted, you should not judge anything by a sample size of one, but we are talking Colt money, not Jennings or even Llama money. And according to the video, the first one they sent him had a bum extractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.