Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
King Coal and Lord of the Blue Ladies
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I recently got an itch for a lever action rifle (DON'T TELL MY WIFE) and was wondering if you could share your opinions / experience with Henry lever action rifles?  are they any good?

·
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry stepped away from the tv......which ones did you buy? What did you guys pay..did you get a discount for buying in bulk?
Damn...I'm never in the right place at the right time :(

·
Iconoclast
537 Posts
I have several .22's, the Big Boy in .357 and .45 Colt.
They're all good looking, smooth as silk and very accurate.
Bought them each at different times from different shops, so can't comment on prices.

·
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thank you untactical for your input.  I was wondering if the guys in the group buy got a deal?  Do you think the Henry rifles are best value in lever action rifles?

·
Iconoclast
537 Posts
DosDemiGod said:
well thank you untactical for your input. I was wondering if the guys in the group buy got a deal? Do you think the Henry rifles are best value in lever action rifles?
I'm really unqualified to say, since if I see it and I like it, I buy it.
I have Henrys, Winchesters and Marlins in various calibers from .22LR to .45/70. At one time or another, each took my fancy and I took it home.
I also have Italian repros.

I understand these group buys can generate significant discounts.

·
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks again untactical

JoeyPbasically....not sure yet...I kinda like the bigBoy model...when I looked at their site looked like they were all brass receivers...do they make a blued version?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'd sleep with my henry if it wasnt weird and the wife wouldnt leave me if i did.

Bought my henry golden boy on Monday, shot it twice, LOVE the thing. Its friggin accurate, smooth and a lot of fun to buy it. Cant speak for the other henrys but i know the golden boy has a nice smooth action.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My father has the .22LR lever action.  A fun gun, for sure, and pretty darn accurate.  The stock front sight is terrible though, replace it with a fiber optic.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
DosDemiGod said:
sorry stepped away from the tv......which ones did you buy? What did you guys pay..did you get a discount for buying in bulk?
Damn...I'm never in the right place at the right time :(
We did get a nice discount in our Group Buy, but you would need to be a Member to be part of any GB. The action on my Henry is "slicker than snot"! Really love it, and it's my daughters favorite...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Don't hesitate to buy one.

Made in the USA, smooth action, ok trigger, outstanding customer service from Henry... There are no downsides except the sights in my opinion. The gun is so much fun to shoot, and because it's a .22, you don't feel guilty blasting away! Plus, being a manual action and tube fed, it will reliably feed and fire short, long, long rifle, cb's, etc.. Firing .22 cb longs from the Henry is hilariously quiet.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I own 3 marlins and use them all I have a 35 a 30/30 and 375 my son in-law also has a 30/30 marlin took many a deer and als my bear with my 35 and took it to Teaxs were I got my Audad if you want a lever get a marlin you will enjoy it from target shooting to hunting big game
papabear

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.