Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to get an old truck to fix up and do some off roading... anyone have an idea what make/year this is?

Looks like a Defender before they started making Defenders..

EDIT: forgot pic... :p

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the bronco looks right.. thanks guys.

I've always wanted to get an old 4x4 and learn a bit about restoring it.. love the looks of this one..

there are some rust issues w/ this truck? What else do you guys know about it? parts availability? (thanks for the site pate) easy to work on?

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Can you say Keanu Reeves in point break???  LOL  I recognized that from the movie

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glocklife said:
Can you say Keanu Reeves in point break??? LOL I recognized that from the movie
nothing as cool as point break.. the wife and I were watching "role models" tonight... one of the characters drove the truck...

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
They are great trucks and a 302 is an easy drop in. They are VERY prone to rust, but are cool when done right. I had one a long time ago, but sold it and bought a 71 Blazer.

Stacey David built an awesome one called Crazy Horse. --->Linky

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Pate said:
They are great trucks and a 302 is an easy drop in. They are VERY prone to rust, but are cool when done right. I had one a long time ago, but sold it and bought a 71 Blazer.

Stacey David built an awesome one called Crazy Horse. --->Linky
Really easy to do if you just get a factory V-8 model. Just look for one with 2 gas caps. That is a factory V-8 one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.