Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Heizer Defense, a new gun maker from St. Louis, Missouri, has developed a nifty derringer type pistol. The Heizer Defense DoubleTap is chambered in .45 ACP and has two barrels in an over/under configuration. The frame is made of titanium and the trigger is double action. A thumb latch automatically opens and ejects the chambered rounds or empty cases. Ported barrels, to reduce recoil at the expense of making a noisy short barrel gun even more noisy, two round storage in the grip and snag-free design are nice touches.

http://www.heizerfirearms.com/#

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good thing they ported it......I'm sure you won't even feel the recoil on a .45 derringer

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I'm not sure that is going to be any fun to shoot. But at least it's not as snappy a round as a .357 would be. That would just hurt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Way too expensive to even consider for such a gimicky gun....... $500. - $800. depending on ported or not, aluminum or titanium.  Still, will be waiting 'till Feb.-Mar. when it hits the stores.  After all, I want to handle it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.