Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.news12.com/LI/topstories/article?id=251654

Residents: Makeshift air gun range set up outside store
(05/18/10) LAKE RONKONKOMA - Some residents in Lake Ronkonkoma say people are firing air guns behind an air gun store on Foster Avenue.

Now they are calling on the Town of Brookhaven to outlaw people from firing air guns, paintball guns and firearms within 500 feet from a neighboring property line.

Tonight at a public hearing officials may decide to rule on the proposal.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
_ said:
sheeple are bored - although it might be noisy at times as long as its not hitting my house or being shot at night I wouldnt have a problem with it
Isaac,

The problem is that you know what they're shooting. But to the uninformed, someones's shooting a gun in the wrong area. I can fully understand the neighborhood being concerned.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
T.Webb said:
Isaac,

The problem is that you know what they're shooting. But to the uninformed, someones's shooting a gun in the wrong area. I can fully understand the neighborhood being concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
vmtcmt said:
http://www.news12.com/LI/topstories/article?id=251654

Residents: Makeshift air gun range set up outside store
(05/18/10) LAKE RONKONKOMA - Some residents in Lake Ronkonkoma say people are firing air guns behind an air gun store on Foster Avenue.

Now they are calling on the Town of Brookhaven to outlaw people from firing air guns, paintball guns and firearms within 500 feet from a neighboring property line.

Tonight at a public hearing officials may decide to rule on the proposal.
I've been there and tested a few air rifles out over there. I always wondered how they got away with nobody complaining. I hope they are allowed to keep there outdoor test range setup. People have nothing better to do than cause problems.:censored

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Any status on the outcome of the hearing?

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
I hope it works out well for them.  Its a great store and Gabe, Martin and Dave are extremely helpful and patient.  

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Starman said:
I hope it works out well for them. Its a great store and Gabe, Martin and Dave are extremely helpful and patient.
Dave and the crew are good people. They are super patient and will let you take a look at every gun in the store if you wanted to. I bought my prized Beeman R9 over there and would hate to see a good shop like this get negative press.

I watched the News12 clip of this and they only had a blue plastic air soft bb in a plastic evidence bag!! You have got to be kidding me.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I wish they had let us know this was happening!!!

I've shopped there, got my Izh46 pistol from them... I would have been there today to stand up for them!

As long as they have it setup with a solid backstop and containment there should be no problem (not sure what the range looks like, I haven't been out back)

BUT - we all know how some people just have a fit because it's "guns"

An airsoft pellet? really??? can they prove that it bounced (and bounced harmlessly would be more accurate) out of the range? or is it from one of the local kids??? (Just as likely) and even if it did... an airsoft pellet, is NOT hazardous.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Received an email from Dave urging everyone to contact the Board Members who will be voting on this in Brookhaven. Here is the info:

amendment #31

ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS WHO WILL BE VOTING ON LEGISLATION TO BAN THE SHOOTING OF AIRGUNS, AIRSOFT AND PAINTBALL WITHIN 500 FT OF ANY RESIDENCE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHOOT IN YOUR GARAGE, BASEMENT OR YARD!!!! WE ARE URGING ALL OF OUR FRIENDS TO TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE OR CALL THESE PEOPLE AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS SOMETHING WE DO AS A SPORT WITH OUR CHILDREN AND IN COMPLETE SAFETY.

TELL THEM HOW MUCH OUR CHILDREN LEARN FROM THIS: PATIENCE, EYE TO HAND COORDINATION, WORKING TOGETHER WITH A TEAM, ETC.

WE NEED TO SQUASH THIS LEGISLATION!!!!!

DISTRICT 1 STEVE FIORI ROSENFELD 631-451-6963
DISTRICT 2 JANE BONNER 631-451-6964
DISTRICT 3 KATHLEEN WALSH 631-451-6647
DISTRICT 4 CONSTANCE KEPERT 631-451-6968
DISTRICT 5 TIM MAZZEI @ 631-451-6645 (SECRETARY LUCY)
DISTRICT 6 DANIEL PANICO 631-451-6502
SUPERVISOR MARK LESKO 631-451-6502

ALL CAN BE REACHED AT: BROOKHAVEN TOWN HALL 1 INDEPENDENCE HILL FARMINGVILLE NY 11738

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Good News on this issue:

It was voted down!!!

Dave thanks everyone for their efforts and appreciates all of our help!!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
:applaud

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
M14BULLETTS said:
i smell a group buy on full auto airsoft guns
.... Along with a group test-firing at the store of course! :D

·
Sharp Shooter!
300 Posts
I can understand our overall happiness with the eventual outcome. BUT, you had a bunch of guys make an arrogant, bonehead move by firing these guns in a residential community. Yes, they got away with it, but (again) each time these stooooopid types of activities make the headlines, WE( gun owners, look like MORONIC SHMUCKS. We cannot afford these "clever" moves without suffering our image. JMHO Grow up and start using your brains. "Doc":damn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.