Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the picture, it reminds me when I did the same to anti- hunters at Exit 19 off the Thruway. I cannot help but to wonder if those loons harass muslims when they kill their food.

A Hasidic man in Brooklyn flips off an animal-rights activist with one hand - while preparing to slaughter a chicken with the other.The bizarre scene occurred three days after a group of Brooklyn residents lost a court battle to prevent the ritual slaughtering of chickens before the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur.
A plaintiff in the case, Vanessa Dawson, took the photograph on 50th Street in Borough Park on Thursday.
Dawson and other members of the nonprofit Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos are planning protests for Sunday and Monday nights when the bulk of the 50,000 birds will be killed.
The Orthodox practice of ­Kaporos involves transferring one's sins to the bird by swinging it over the practitioner's head three times and then slitting its throat.
The alliance's attorney, Nora Constance Marino, called the event "disgusting" and is considering appealing Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Debra James' ruling allowing the ritual.

Attachments

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Did you ever notice how brave people think they've become hiding behind their phone gadgets .

Reactions: Tonto

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I'm not sure swinging a chicken is that off-beat compared to most.

"This is the body of Christ" then he puts it in your mouth, "This is the Blood of your Savior, Jesus" and then you drink it.

Who's to say?

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
In fairness it is a bit whacko to swing a chicken around your head and slit its throat on the street to "purge your sins". It should be added this is not a mainstream Jewish practice, it is only the curlicue hair guys that do this.
Many faiths have strange rituals based upon "unproven" science. The key word there is "unproven".

Limiting people in how they live is a downward spiral that will challenge freedom for us all and is the "Progressive" thing to do.

So, any "Progressives" out there?

Reactions: LiDad

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
If these animal-rights activist are so righteous, why don't they go over to Syria or Iraq and protest the slitting of a christians throat?
Because to them, animals are more important than people. And I'm pretty sure they don't care about any god that doesn't involve crystals or finger cymbals.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.