Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Has anyone been shooting lately behind the Yaphank correctional facility?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mongo 
#1 ·
Has anyone recently been shooting skeet and trap or done any other shooting behind the Yaphank correctional facility? A friend of mine said he has gone there a number of times to shoot skeet about a year ago and mentioned he has seen numerous people back there hunting as well and no one has ever given him a problem. Question is is it even legal to shoot there? And has anyone gone back there recently or is that spot shut down for any particular reason?

#3 ·
there are a few spots back there that are so littered with shells, you can barely see the ground. i have also wondered if it was legal but it is so close to the police headquarters.....

the main entrance has been blocked off by big cement barriers. but if you are willing there are trails all over.

#7 ·
Used to ride the quad back there & almost ran over hunters & shotgunners once or twice. Come to think of it I bet the one time they were hiding because they thought I might be a police vehicle. I'm not kidding I literally had to swerve out of the way, startled me good.

#11 ·
I had been shooting clays here for years without absolutely no problems. Cops would even come by once in awhile and talk to me. Unfortunetly a few months ago they blocked off the dirt road and put up no trespassing signs, so it seems like this spot has been shut down.

#13 ·
They shut it down a couple of years ago when they put the trains back there for the FEMA FEDERAL Re education hub for the internment camps........Shoot back there now and they will give you 3 hots and a cot for free......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.