Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Just heard today that NCPD PLB is charging (stealing) an additional $210 to remove the restrictions from our administratively and unconstitutionally restricted concealed carry licenses even if you just renewed this year.
If true, this is extortion and a deal breaker.
that seems like an odd amount. I think $10 is the standard state-required amendment fee (or maybe 5). What's the additional $200 for?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I haven't done anything yet as I've taken a wait-and-see attitude and I'm probably in the minority here but other than the $80 charge I have no problem with the urine test. Before I retired I was tested on a regular basis for my job, no issue at all with one more test. I do think it's kinda strange that you take the test within 15 days of the letter so if you're a drug user all you have to do is (if I'm correct) stay drug free for 30 days before, take the test and submit the letter and your clean drug test. Then you can go right back to using. It's so easy to work abound their 15-day window it's almost laughable. My big problem (which appears to now be a non-issue) was the Social Media thing, too much latitude there for them to find one of your posts "unacceptable" for any variety of reasons and reject your application. The drug test is a black-or-white pass or fail thing, the Social Media requirement not so much so. And the 18 hour training requirement, I'm O.K. with that too, more training can't ever be a bad thing. JMHO...
A urine test as a condition of employment can not be compared to a urine test to exercise a Constitutional right. Beyond that a drug test is a violation of your 4th and 5th Amendment rights. You should not have to forfeit one Constitutional right to exercise another Constitutional right.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
A urine test as a condition of employment can not be compared to a urine test to exercise a Constitutional right. Beyond that a drug test is a violation of your 4th and 5th Amendment rights. You should not have to forfeit one Constitutional right to exercise another Constitutional right.
Exactly. Thanks to gun registration, The Nassa PD knows that you have handguns on your license. You come up positive they will also know that you do drugs, which makes you a prohibited person and thus cannot have said guns under federal law. Possibly state law too, but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Exactly. Thanks to gun registration, The Nassa PD knows that you have handguns on your license. You come up positive they will also know that you do drugs, which makes you a prohibited person and thus cannot have said guns under federal law. Possibly state law too, but I’m not sure.
Hunter Biden should be a good test case. Lost a handgun and has a history of drug use. Nothing happened!

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
that seems like an odd amount. I think $10 is the standard state-required amendment fee (or maybe 5). What's the additional $200 for?
Just came back from NCPD PLB and the $210 is the real number to have the illegal restrictions removed from your “target/hunting” license.
What’s worse, if you wait too long to take the class and/or submit papers, the drug test may no longer be valid. No exact number but it seems like 5 - 6 months before you turn in your papers. After that, it’s a do-over.
PLB explained that the $200 is to redo all your background and mental health record checks. Even though I renewed in June. The $10 is the state filing fee.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just came back from NCPD PLB and the $210 is the real number to have the illegal restrictions removed from your “target/hunting” license.
What’s worse, if you wait too long to take the class and/or submit papers, the drug test may no longer be valid. No exact number but it seems like 5 - 6 months before you turn in your papers. After that, it’s a do-over.
PLB explained that the $200 is to redo all your background and mental health record checks. Even though I renewed in June. The $10 is the state filing fee.
So you just renewed in June and they charging you to do another background and mental health records check in November? Makes no sense whatsoever.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts