Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
retired
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Has anyone applied for Nassau county CC since Judge Suddaby's preliminary injunction regarding parts of the CCIA? Particularly the requirement to disclose social media accounts and name and contact info on spouse, domestic partner and or children. If so, are they still requiring these items even though they have been ruled unconstitutional? Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello All, Has anyone applied for Nassau county CC since Judge Suddaby's preliminary injunction regarding parts of the CCIA? Particularly the requirement to disclose social media accounts and name and contact info on spouse, domestic partner and or children. If so, are they still requiring these items even though they have been ruled unconstitutional? Thanks
Someone posted about this on another thread…. (Post #531)
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
retired
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
225 Posts
This was just posted on another forum:

”It appears as though they removed the items that were declared unconstitutional: Social media accounts, list of adults living in your home, whether or not minors live in your home.

Per the updated letter from Nassau County, you will still need to provide a negative drug test, proof of completion of the mandatory 16+2 training, the affidavits regarding your mental health, whether or not you were in a school for a developmental disability, and that you haven't been convicted of specific offenses within the last five (5) years.“

·
Registered
18 Posts

”It appears as though they removed the items that were declared unconstitutional: Social media accounts, list of adults living in your home, whether or not minors live in your home.

Per the updated letter from Nassau County, you will still need to provide a negative drug test, proof of completion of the mandatory 16+2 training, the affidavits regarding your mental health, whether or not you were in a school for a developmental disability, and that you haven't been convicted of specific offenses within the last five (5) years.“
I confirmed the same when I called ncpd this morning.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
We as Nassau residents are the worst county in NY.
These requirements are ludicrous. How the Hell did we get so bad so fast? Piss Test? Training? Mental health statement? Social media? Im twisted over this Horse Shit!

·
Registered
6,568 Posts

Can you imagine if they required the same requirements for ANY OTHER constitutional amendment, every ACLU shyster would be up in arms screaming “Unconstitutional !” So, for the drug test, how do they handle Rx’d medications such as for pain ? They’ll deny you based on a legitimate, rx’d medication ? Or are they screening for illegal drugs only ? do they give a list of what they are screening for ? If you took pseudoephedrine for congestion, it can actually produce a false positive for methamphetamine. This can become a very slippery slope, especially if they are not having an experienced lab conduct the testing, as employers do, where they just give a yay or nay if illegal substances were found, without revealing HIPPA protected medical information outside of that yay or nay. I have a big problem with this, as you are indirectly forced to disclosed private medical information, for instance, I know they prescribe a drug called Marinol, pretty much for one thing, to stimulate appetite in those who are suffering from HIV, but it is a compound that resembles THC, but a legitimate CIII compound prescribed to those with that illness, and not treated as marijuana is, which is still illegal at the federal level, now here you are, required to disclose to the police that you are HIV+ to exercise a right, because you take an Rx’d medication to give you as much as a normal life as possible, but need to disclose that to a law enforcement agency.

·
Registered
588 Posts
So, I'm sorry to say, but I'm pretty confused as to the status of the CCIA law. Does this latest injunction (11/7/2022) suspend part of the law, or has NYS gotten a stay on this also? Can someone provide some insight and summarize what parts are in and what parts are out (if any). Thanks.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
So, I'm sorry to say, but I'm pretty confused as to the status of the CCIA law. Does this latest injunction (11/7/2022) suspend part of the law, or has NYS gotten a stay on this also? Can someone provide some insight and summarize what parts are in and what parts are out (if any). Thanks.
This is the thread: New York Defies Supreme Court's Carry Ruling &amp...

The short answer is: yes, part of CCIA is suspended right now. The most important part allowing the restricted places again and most of the sensitive ones.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,245 Posts
With the injunction stayed, we're back to square one and a full-blown CCIA, other than for religious organizations/observances. The injunction, issued by Judge Sinatra, in Buffalo, has not, to my knowledge, been stayed.
Gary

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
The folks in Nassau county need to pool there resources and fight the urine test. This isn’t about exercising a privilege but a fundamental Constitutional right. There is no way this urine test is legal and it should not be tolerated.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The folks in Nassau county need to pool there resources and fight the urine test. This isn’t about exercising a privilege but a fundamental Constitutional right. There is no way this urine test is legal and it should not be tolerated.
100% Agree. The urine test is beyond infringement. But, as long as there are folks lining up to take it, and complying with this bullshit, it will become the norm.
What measures can we take as a gun community to have this insanity removed from the process? Nassau has become the worst anti gun county in the entire state.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
100% Agree. The urine test is beyond infringement. But, as long as there are folks lining up to take it, and complying with this bullshit, it will become the norm.
What measures can we take as a gun community to have this insanity removed from the process? Nassau has become the worst anti gun county in the entire state.
The County Executive is not on the side of Law Abiding Civilians.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
The urine test is specific to Nassau County so I don't see it being taken up by GOA, FPL, NRA, etc. In my opinion a group of Nassau County pistol license holders need to get together with a lawyer and address this issue. Folks in other areas can contribute to the effort but I think they need to be the ones to lead the charge. I say that knowing there are all sorts of issues with trying to organize something like this, especially when raising money and hiring a lawyer are involved. But this is such an egregious violation it should not go unchallenged even if it means only going phase 1 to bring a lawsuit that forces the county to address it before a judge.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
But, as long as there are folks lining up to take it, and complying with this bullshit, it will become the norm.
What measures can we take as a gun community to have this insanity removed from the process?
Nassau license holders and applicants would need to do as Paul suggested: take up legal action. The alternative is a new police commissioner. That in turn may require a new County Executive and Legislature. All should happen regardless to varying degrees.

But there's something else that should be mentioned with regarding to this and similar statements:

" as long as there are folks lining up to take it, and complying with this bullshit, it will become the norm."

Not so. These things have happened, and will happen, regardless of what gun owners do, want, or believe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven't done anything yet as I've taken a wait-and-see attitude and I'm probably in the minority here but other than the $80 charge I have no problem with the urine test. Before I retired I was tested on a regular basis for my job, no issue at all with one more test. I do think it's kinda strange that you take the test within 15 days of the letter so if you're a drug user all you have to do is (if I'm correct) stay drug free for 30 days before, take the test and submit the letter and your clean drug test. Then you can go right back to using. It's so easy to work abound their 15-day window it's almost laughable. My big problem (which appears to now be a non-issue) was the Social Media thing, too much latitude there for them to find one of your posts "unacceptable" for any variety of reasons and reject your application. The drug test is a black-or-white pass or fail thing, the Social Media requirement not so much so. And the 18 hour training requirement, I'm O.K. with that too, more training can't ever be a bad thing. JMHO...

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Just heard today that NCPD PLB is charging (stealing) an additional $210 to remove the restrictions from our administratively and unconstitutionally restricted concealed carry licenses even if you just renewed this year.
If true, this is extortion and a deal breaker.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts