Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
My last two online purchases were shipped to forum sponsor, Jerry's Firearms & Supplies in Bohemia on Vets Highway near the airport... one was $20 (holiday sale I believe last year) and the second was $25 (his normal fee I believe). Not a penny more is charged. Jerry is also a true gentleman to deal with...

I have not completed any "private" / "person-to-person" pistol sale transfers so I cannot speak from experience.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Camp-site will transfer hanguns gratis if $75 worth of store merchandise is bought?? thats cool and smart business sense. FMJ speaking from experience?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me to my father... Everyone told me to go to jerrys transfer few is only $20, then he charge $40 and said it was $20 in and $20'out

·
Nimble Navigator
890 Posts
Me to my father... Everyone told me to go to jerrys transfer few is only $20, then he charge $40 and said it was $20 in and $20'out
I really don't understand this to be honest, if you were transferring from an online vendor then it would have gone straight to your dad, 20 dollars. Maybe my assumption is wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Chances are you will pick up ammo, a holster, targets, snap caps...something. The Camp Site deal is the best around IMO

·
Sharp Shooter!
356 Posts
Ok I want to set the record straight, It was a handgun, and yes it was 20.00 in and 20.00 out, however I didn't realize it was a father to son until they left, so they didn't need a transfer from me to begin with. Just go to PLB and do transfer there. So they can come back I'll refund them the 40.00. I absorb the paperwork and coupons which no one knows about that have to be done on every pistol that goes in and out of this STATE.

PS I like the idea of Campsite, You spend 75.00 in my store and the transfer is free.

Should I start that?

Jerry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I want to set the record straight, It was a handgun, and yes it was 20.00 in and 20.00 out, however I didn't realize it was a father to son until they left, so they didn't need a transfer from me to begin with. Just go to PLB and do transfer there. So they can come back I'll refund them the 40.00. I absorb the paperwork and coupons which no one knows about that have to be done on every pistol that goes in and out of this STATE.

PS I like the idea of Campsite, You spend 75.00 in my store and the transfer is free.

Should I start that?

Jerry
I'm sorry jerry I thought I have to go through an ffl. Is your fee usuallyn$20 or $40?

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,948 Posts
Same in Nassau - Direct family member / face to face, does not require an FFL for a transfer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts