Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
I've used Bob Guinta of Country Gunsmiths for all my gunsmithing needs.
His # is 631 567-1555
He is reasonably priced and does excellent work.
Give him a call.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
theres a guy I believe paul is his name...somewhere in nassau from arfco, maybe cas or irfwo could help you out...if not, get back to me in a week or so, I'll try to look him up for you....real nice guy and if he'll do it, it'll be pretty cheap

·
Registered
893 Posts
phumb said:
theres a guy I believe paul is his name...somewhere in nassau from arfco, maybe cas or irfwo could help you out...if not, get back to me in a week or so, I'll try to look him up for you....real nice guy and if he'll do it, it'll be pretty cheap
Did we ever find out who this was? I am looking for a gunsmith to pin a muzzle on my AR barrel.

Seems we only have a listing for 1 gunsmith out on Long Island so far (Bob G. Bohemia)? If anyone has any contacts or referrals please post. Hopefully when we have enough we can have the mods post a sticky with the info.

p.s. I tried South Shore Sportsman and they said they can't do it.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I use two different gun smiths there both excellent smiths
# 1 is Cliff Ebenhart 631-665-8836
#2 is Joe 631-242-9782
these are the only two i have and use

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,810 Posts
Also try Benson's Gun Shop, 53 Middle Country Rd., Coram, about [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2 [/sub]mile East of Route 25. The phone is (631) 736 0065. Ask for Burt or Dave. They've been doing my smithing, for 25+ years, no complaints.
Bob Giunta is also very good but, if my memory serves me, he only works on long guns.
Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Country Gunsmith in Bohemia: AKA Bobby G. is the most knowledgable Gunsmith I've found anywhere on Long Island. It's no wonder everyone goes there, and as for his prices, they are extremely fair for the work and craftsmanship he preforms. Highly recommended to all in need of a great Gunsmith.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
MARK MAUSER said:
The Country Gunsmith in Bohemia: AKA Bobby G. is the most knowledgable Gunsmith I've found anywhere on Long Island. It's no wonder everyone goes there, and as for his prices, they are extremely fair for the work and craftsmanship he preforms. Highly recommended to all in need of a great Gunsmith.
Welcome to the forum Mark. Stop by the Welcome Mat and say hello. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do any of them thread barrels, I'm looking to have a muzzle break permanently attached to my s&w mp15 which has a plain barrel. I've been told on other forums to look into ADCO but would rather try someone local first before shipping out my upper.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Gary_Hungerford said:
Also try Benson's Gun Shop, 53 Middle Country Rd., Coram, about [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2 [/sub]mile East of Route 25. The phone is (631) 736 0065. Ask for Burt or Dave. They've been doing my smithing, for 25+ years, no complaints.
Bob Giunta is also very good but, if my memory serves me, he only works on long guns.
Gary
Correct!!

Don't bring a handgun in there, you'll get a lecture on why he doesn't work in them - insurance, legal fees, etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
system60 said:
Do any of them thread barrels, I'm looking to have a muzzle break permanently attached to my s&w mp15 which has a plain barrel. I've been told on other forums to look into ADCO but would rather try someone local first before shipping out my upper.
???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.