Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Country Gunsmith Bob Guinta 1521 Ocean Ave # B4 Bohemia, NY 11716 -1923 (631) 567-1555

·
Registered
856 Posts
Bobby is a great guy and does excellent work, I know him for quite a few years.
Be patient when dealing with him as he can be a little "cranky"

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
ya thats definitely something bob would love to do for you   :)

·
Sharp Shooter!
446 Posts
I dealt with him for the first time 2 months ago, no complaints and will be a returning customer of Bob's

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
STACHYBOTRYS said:
Bobby is a great guy and does excellent work, I know him for quite a few years.
Be patient when dealing with him as he can be a little "cranky"
Great guy and cranky don't come.as synonymous. Are you suggesting he gives an attitude to customers?

·
Registered
856 Posts
BKLYN_C said:
Great guy and cranky don't come.as synonymous. Are you suggesting he gives an attitude to customers?
Considering I personally saw him throw a customer out of his shop for "suggesting" Bobby's price was high......I might be hinting at it a little.

·
Registered
337 Posts
He is a nice guy and very competent gunsmith. His metal work is superb and his prices reasonable. He can do any kind of gun refinishing but you should catch him before the hunting season repair rush when he my not blue until the end of hunting season. As for attitude, he can be a bit grumpy and will tell you his opinion of certain guns, including yours. However and not withstanding the aforementioned, he stands behind his work no mater when he performed it and can be trusted to finish the job when promised. Enough said.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
And by the way,did  I tell how everyone's favorite T&T fat head was threatening me to call cops for bringing stripped AK receiver into the shop? This happened about one year before the Rice cluster fnck.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Bob's work is excellent and the bluing process is a pain in the a$$ if you ask him. He will generally wait until he has several guns to do at one time so you might have to wait like I did a few weeks for him to do my sks.

It may still be a little early for the hunting season rush so call him tomorrow. The problem is that Bobby is the "only" good gunsmith for a thousand miles and all the local gun shops use him for their work.

·
Registered
856 Posts
BKLYN_C said:
And by the way,did I tell how everyone's favorite T&T fat head was threatening me to call cops for bringing stripped AK receiver into the shop? This happened about one year before the Rice cluster fnck.
You got off lucky......about three years ago ( the very last time I step foot in that store ) Fat Bastard was eating while standing within 1 foot next to me telling some poor sob he wasn't gouging on his prices. Trust me when I tell you it was a lot more gross in person than it sounds, Unfortunately that is a traumatic experience I will never forget. I know for a fact that all his ammo and gun prices were jacked up overnight.

He's a real pillar of the community.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Captain Will said:
I gotta love how every thread on this forum eventually turns into a skewering of "Jabba", "Fat Bastard", etc.

Wasn't this thread about finding a gunsmith?
What are you planning on using for the skewer....a telephone pole? Marty is not exactly petite.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have dealt with Bob many times, gun transfers and repairs. No problems anytime. Walk into his store/shop and act like you're lost and he's going to react accordingly. He's told me many stories about customers asking him to do illegal things. I'd be cranky, too. The guy tells it like it is, I like him.

·
Registered
856 Posts
bigartie said:
I have dealt with Bob many times, gun transfers and repairs. No problems anytime. Walk into his store/shop and act like you're lost and he's going to react accordingly. He's told me many stories about customers asking him to do illegal things. I'd be cranky, too. The guy tells it like it is, I like him.
He will definetly tell it to you straight... I wish he did handgun transfers too, I have done many long gun transfers with Bob. I like Mark at Suffolk Shooting Supply and he is close to Yaphank headquarters for the pistol transfers.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Gotta get over there myself..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Captain Will said:
I gotta love how every thread on this forum eventually turns into a skewering of "Jabba", "Fat Bastard", etc.

Wasn't this thread about finding a gunsmith?
Oh, I am very sorry for hurting your feelings, but if I recall correctly At&T advertises itself as a gunsmithing as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.