Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The store is simply called "GUNS". It's on the south service road of Sunrise Hwy, in or near Bohemia. Anyone have any reports about the place? Is it worth getting off the Hwy and stopping in?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
It's Guns & Ammo. Brian is the owners name. Have nothing good nor bad to say about him. It's like any other gun shop. Know your prices before buying. I have bought 2 AR's from him. Price was "normal".

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Wow, such hard words. lol

Guess I wouldn't pull off on the service road!

Or maybe someone should tell him how he is.. Who knows.. Still a local store; ya know?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Approaching like a dog..

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The Architect said:

Or maybe someone should tell him how he is.. Who knows.. Still a local store; ya know?
Ok StevieB, you go tell him how he is. We'll wait outside and carry you home. ;D

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Brian is Good People! period. he can be gruff, but that's usually after he's gotten a dozen calls asking silly/stupid questions... It's amazing that some people can't understand "No, you can't us an AR magazine in a glock" (yes, I've heard things that dumb...)

He'll give you a fair deal, he doesn't jerk people around, and he's got his head on straight about customer service.

Pete

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
I think they nailed Brian above. He can be great... or not so great.

Like a lot of LI stores I think a bunch of his stuff is too high, but I have bought one gun that was a super bargain.

I can accept and deal with both of those things. There are other issue I will not accept, so I stay away.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've bought a couple of guns from Brian. He's ok when he gets to know you. I guess he can be a little moody (like anyone else)
but I've never had a bad experience with him. The shop is small and the handgun case can be a pain in the a** to view.
Like someone else said, know your prices--he can be high on some things and a great buy on others. He matched a competitors price
when I asked about it and saved me about 50 bucks and a trip back to the other store. (Don't tell him I told ya though)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Not positive about this but I THINK he is the one that charges TAX on the value of the firearm when he does a ffl transfer, if he does still do this I WOULD NOT use him for this purpose..thats absurd

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
phumb said:
Not positive about this but I THINK he is the one that charges TAX on the value of the firearm when he does a ffl transfer, if he does still do this I WOULD NOT use him for this purpose..thats absurd
That's is what you have to do in NYS. A lot of shops have to collect tax. South Shore Sportsman etc collect tax on transfer.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
WRONG!, only tax needed is on the transfer FEE, not value of firearm I dont believe ANY other shop does that....
rocknat said:
That's is what you have to do in NYS. A lot of shops have to collect tax. South Shore Sportsman etc collect tax on transfer.

·
115:5
4,036 Posts
That's why I won't use him.  A number of years ago I bought a pistol in Texas. Had it shipped to him for the transfer. He wanted to charge me tax on the gun, which I've since learned he does every time. To add insult to injury, he wouldn't accept what I told him I paid for it. He went through the trouble to call the guy in Texas to find out exactly what I paid for it (which was exactly what I told him I paid for it). I didn't try to argue the point, I figured it was money well spent. I paid to learn who I was dealing with. So he made an extra $20 or so off me, which I assume went in his pocket, but he lost a customer because I haven't been back since.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Steve, do you think it might be time to have a gun shop rating report similar to eBays that I suggested in previous posts?

That way, a prospective customer can look at the name of the store and see what their rating is based on the number of reports from our members. If a store has a less than favorable rating, they might want to do something about it. Seems like a win/win for everyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.